LCM Software Build Engineer, R&D, Digital Orthopedic Surgery
- Boston, MA
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is seeking a Software Engineering professional focused on Life Cycle Management to join our team in Boston, MA. We are building a software environment to support the expansion of our robotic surgery product line. Be a part of a growing team bringing innovation to patient care through technology!
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com .
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is making robotics and digital tools available to surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of a wide range of surgical procedures. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data.
The LCM Software Engineer is part of an Agile team of software and product development professionals creating software for digital surgery products. You will build on our existing technologies and innovate new solutions for the production and maintenance of software products such as robotic assist medical devices.
- Collaborate with software engineers, verification engineers, dev ops and quality professionals, to create and update the toolset responsible for the build of a wide range of software components and products (eg Visual Studio, Qt, Yocto).
- Create and update validation documentation and associated software used to verify software and subsystems used in the production and verification of software products.
- Follow defined plans and timescales to complete the processes leading to software releases.
- Investigate issues reported by vendors pertaining to software libraries and develop mitigation plans accordingly.
- Develop required documentation and associated quality records to support software releases.
- Work closely with engineers in other disciplines (eg Test, Mfg, Service, Systems) to smoothly transition between software releases.
- Develop written design descriptions and work instructions documenting Life Cycle Management processes.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree; A major in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated proficiency in programming languages such as; Microsoft C++/C# and associated development tools.
- Experience with build tools such as; TeamCity, Perl, Python, Powerbuilder.
- Proven experience with software development for complex high technology applications.
- Demonstrated adherence to regulated procedures for creating safety critical software including the technical design, unit test, and code review documentation. We use an Agile process based on AAMI TIR 45 guidance.
- It is helpful to have experience in the software deployment and update of approved medical products in the US.
- Having strong capabilities with a common scripting language like PowerShell, bash, or Python is a large benefit .
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools such as Azure/Jira.
- It is strongly preferred that you have experience working in a highly regulated environment, medical devices in particular
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
Back to top