Junior Sales Consultant (Trauma) - New Orleans, LA - DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc.
- New Orleans, LA
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world is recruiting for a Junior Sales Consultant in the New Orleans, LA. Region.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
Trauma/CMF: DePuy Synthes Trauma offers a comprehensive portfolio of trauma care solutions for the treatment of the most simple to the most complex trauma injuries using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
The Junior Sales Consultant position provides clinical, sales, and customer support in hospitals and procedures, while ensuring customer service, sales logistics, technical expertise, and product knowledge of highest order/level.
This role drives sales objectives, cover cases, and maintain/manage surgeon and account relationships within a geographic territory - and may offer/sell the breadth of portfolio, services, and solutions for assigned accounts.
- Assist team in retaining and supporting further penetration with existing customers, while supporting product conversions with new customers. Assist in the attainment of established sales goals including market share objectives in prescribed territory. Apply knowledge of sales process, product portfolio and customer knowledge to improve sales outcomes.
- Guide and assist surgeons in the operating room through their clinical and product knowledge. Use his/her product knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of products
- Support customers by attending surgeries, assuring that the proper equipment is available and performing, including ways to optimize trays; Provide Operating Room and Sterile Processing Department consultation
- Troubleshoot and provide other technical assistance; handle customer requests, effectively manage hospital billing, create/close purchase orders
- Share key customer, procedural and marketplace insights with other sales, clinical, marketing and strategic account teams to improve on solutions/service levels. Prepare sales reports and documents as required
- Maintenance, tracking and effective deployment of equipment, and assets throughout assigned area ensuring product availability. Ensure all promotional materials are maintained in a presentable manner. Ensure services and offerings meet highest quality standards.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and retention; and improving the customers' insights into tangible and non-tangible value proposition and solutions. Differentiate products versus competition by providing the customer unique insights.
This position requires extensive travel within territory with the possibility of weekend work and/or limited overnight travel. Majority of time will be spent in surgeon office and/or hospital setting and includes coverage of cases in operating room (OR), coordination of equipment required for case coverage, and logistics related to hospital billing and replenishment.
Junior Sales Consultants must achieve a level of expertise and competence, as well as a reputation for integrity, and are required to be on call 24 hours to respond to the needs of our customers and works every day to improve patient care.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university/college OR:
- Associate's degree plus three (3) years of relevant experience in clinical, hospital, surgical, or related environments)
- Certified Surgical Technician, or highly specialized selling / medical training or certification (e.g. Medical Sales College) plus three (3) years of relevant experience
- At least one (1) year of orthopedic sales experience
- The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
- A valid driver's license issued in the United States
- The ability to travel which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to the posted territory.
- Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving and business acumen skills required.
- A qualified candidate will be efficient, organized, self-motivated, positive and pro-active
Two (2) years+ of previous experience in one of the following: healthcare sales experience or hospital/Operating Room experience, or clinical experience in orthopedic sports medicine.
United States-Louisiana-New Orleans-
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
Back to top