IT Manager, Engineering & Property Services-Product Line Owner (PLO)
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Manager, Engineering & Property Services (E&PS) Product Line Owner (PLO). This position is in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly- based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JNJ Corporate Business Technology (CBT) is recruiting for a PLO for all Engineering & Property Services (E&PS) systems. This role will be responsible for operational vision and prioritization of enhancements to all E&PS products, platforms and all associated feature/function/capabilities delivered in support of the E&PS business Globally. The role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders across all levels of the JNJ Enterprise in the planning, implementation, deployment of programs and projects.
This position is a key member in helping shape the North America IT technical strategy development for the E&PS Organization. This position is accountable for the end-to-end technology lifecycle of the E&PS Product Line, including the delivery and execution of multiple programs, projects and initiatives, assisting in the strategy development as well as the planning, execution/implementation and operationalization of technologies. This role will additionally provide matrix support to the Global Security (GS) and IT-for-IT (IT4IT) Product Line areas. The position requires an understanding of key E&PS domains and concepts which include Real Estate, Workplace Experience, Facilities Management and how technology enables them (e.g. Internet of Things (IoT)).
The individual will manage relationships with E&PS Global Operations Leaders and interact with cross-sector IT leaders in shaping global IT capabilities for E&PS across Consumer, Pharma and MD. The candidate will be required to provide subject matter expertise working directly with business partners and 3rd party suppliers/contractors.
• Assist in identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
• Partner with the business to identify opportunities for using technology as an enabler to improve, automate, simplify business processes and optimize total cost of ownership. Continuously manage business partner expectations.
• Participate in the business planning activities by identifying future business demand and ensuring appropriate funding is in the business plan.
• Partner with the business to understand and define business drivers and requirements of the initiated program(s)/project(s).
• Works with E&PS, Application Services, and external Vendors to develop program/project acceptance criteria
• Understands how to develop financial, resource and time estimates and the prioritization of said estimates
• Tracks progress of all E&PS product development in the context of strategic investments and operational delivery
• Prepare and deliver regular updates and communications (verbal and written) to the Business and IT Leadership teams as well as extended business partners.
• Ensure Service Level Agreements are established and meet expectations of the business partners.
• Interface with suppliers and vendors to evaluate software, hardware, or services and make recommendations.
• Ensure that J&J information assets are appropriately identified and valued, and are protected by complying with and enforcing all local and worldwide security policies.
• Ensure that information and physical security is considered and emphasized in all IT plans and actions, leveraging the appropriate Enterprise JNJ functions as required/needed
• Financials: tracks all costs related to application and has full understanding of application cost transparency
• Closely work with Enterprise architect team to implement end-to-end application roadmaps
• CMDB management - Complete and/or correct inventory of applications available for architecture analysis and project planning; enable accurate and timely service management; support SACM CMDB Data Quality efforts
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree is preferred
• A minimum of 8 years of IT experience is required.
• Hands on experience and/or exposure to Engineering & Property Services or Facilities business processes, concepts and market trends is preferred.
• Experience in matrix-based project teams including internal resources and contractors is required.
• Experience in complex global projects, processes and systems is required.
• Experience with modern cloud based application delivery (such as SaaS) is required.
• Business case/value case management experience is required.
• Experience with financial management of IT portfolio/projects is required.
• Hands-on disciplined project management skills are required.
• Experience with software validation in regulated environments is preferred.
• Working knowledge of core application development principles and SDLC methodology is required.
• Demonstrated ability work in accordance with full system lifecycle (SDLC) from concept to production deployment
• Hands-on experience supporting an application portfolio (post-launch) is required.
• Proficiency in explaining technologies effectively to customers, communicating technical concepts in non-technical terms and transferring technical knowledge is required.
• Practitioner (e.g. direct hands-on) level experience in agile / agile scrum methodology is required.
• Practitioner level experience with agile delivery tools (e.g. Jira) is required.
• Hands on understanding of Design Principles (User Interface and Business Process Mapping) is required.
• Strong background and experience in virtualization, network and other technologies.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top