IT Lead Planning, Service Transition
- Raritan, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services (JJTS) is recruiting for an IT Lead Planning, Service Transition, located in Raritan, NJ.
This position is to support OMP application in ERP Domain. This challenging opportunity will reside in our ERP TS team overseeing OMP and planning Business services. This role will report to the Sr Manager, OMP Services. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for change release and production transition management. Ensure that new changes to the IT environment are properly reviewed to maximize availability for business users.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role will be responsible for Change, Release and Production Transition. Incumbent will ensure that new changes to the IT environment are properly reviewed to maximize availability for business users. Key responsibilities will include documenting change types, performing impact assessment, build a priority metrics, record request for change, configuration, release deployment and remediation procedures conduct CAB meeting notes and emergency change documentation
Primary functions of the role will include:
- Ensure that IT changes are recorded and then evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented, and reviewed in a controlled manner.
- Responsible for Change Lifecycle (Initiate Change Request Review, Assess and Authorize, Plan & Schedule, Build & Test, Approve for Implementation, Coordinate & Implement, Review & Close)
- Contribute to test and control the movement of releases into test and live environments. Release and deployment management also ensures that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
- Contributes to the Release Management Lifecycle (Review & Validate Release, Plan, Build & Configure, Test & Accept, Plan Deployment, Perform Operational Readiness, Deploy)
- Responsible for later phases of Release Management Lifecycle (Go-Live, Manage Warranty Support)
Production Transition (Contributor)
- Works in conjunction with AD team and contributes to specific phases within the Production Transition Lifecycle (Define Service Transition Strategy & Approach, Define Service Transition Lifecycle Stages, Prepare for Service Transition, Plan & Coordinate Service Transition, Provide Service Transition Process Support)
- Ensure recommended knowledge is published prior to service transition
Continuous Service Improvement
- Utilizing KPIs and change and release metrics to identify service improvement opportunities and initiate action
Approximate Percentage of TimeTasks/Duties/Responsibilities
30% Application services
30% Platform services
30% Continuous Service Improvement
10% Strategy and Transformational Services
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field of study is required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience supporting and administration of a wide variety of OMP and Planning applications
- Working knowledge of integration with Data Lakes, Data Grid, Tableau and namespace
- Analyze complex OMP applications' issues/incidents, identify problems, and develop logical conclusions and implement effective solutions
- Solve live performance and reliability issues and prevent their recurrence Analyze, diagnose and resolve computing problems involving system hardware, third party software and operating system software
- Escalate challenging or difficult application issues to the experts or 3rd line resources as per the established procedure.
- Working knowledge of application infrastructure, database and operating systems
- Expertise in ITIL processes (incident management, change, problem, release management)
- Focused attention to performance metrics, procedural guidance and continuous process improvement
- Strong communications verbal & written; creating sound arguments; or to adequately represent both business and IT implications during a Major Service Disruption
- Expert in collaboratively managing diverse relationships across geography and culture
- Seek out and apply feedback toward your own performance and career goals
- Knowledge of Supply Chain planning in the areas of demand planning, supply network planning, production planning
- This position requires up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top