In Vitro ADME Scientist
- San Diego, CA
Janssen R&D, a member of Johnson & Johnsons Family of Companies, is recruiting for an In Vitro ADME Scientist with expertise in executing mechanistic ADME studies, for the Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department, located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Department of Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high-quality clinical candidates in all Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our in vitro ADME team as a Scientist. This position will be based in San Diego.
- Support drug discovery and early development efforts as an integral member of the DMPK group.
- The candidate will be encouraged to independently develop and conduct novel in vitro ADME assays, suggest new platforms for evaluation, and report/present data to DMPK department and discovery project teams.
- Design and execute mechanistic in vitro ADME experiments (e.g., metabolic stability and linearity studies using microsomes and hepatocytes, phenotyping, time-dependent inhibition, tissue or plasma protein binding, etc.)
- Analytical LC/MS/MS method development and troubleshooting.
- Authoring reports and supporting documentation for IND/NDA filings.
- Data processing and interpretation.·
- B.S. with 12+ years, M.S. with 8+ years, or PhD with 2+ years of relevant industry experience which includes the design and conduct of in vitro ADME studies (kinetics, induction, metabolic stability, protein binding, time-dependent inhibition, etc.) to understand the mechanism of ADME findings, small molecule quantification in various biological matrices, data analysis and reporting.
- The candidate should have a very strong technical understanding of in vitro ADME assays and their relevance to the drug discovery process.
- Practical experience crafting and executing in vitro assays to understand the mechanism of in vivo findings and to de-risk the development of clinical candidates.
- Practical experience with LC-MS sample analysis.
- Proficiency in applying software (Analyst, Excel, GraphPad Prism) for data analysis and graphics.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills are required.
- Experience with long-term hepatocyte co-culture systems such as HuREL or HepatoPac would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience investigating enzyme kinetics to determine parameters such as Km, Vmax, KI, and kinact.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top