Group Medical Director, Oncology- Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies, U.S. Medical Affairs
- Horsham, PA
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Group Medical Director, Oncology- Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies, U.S. Medical Affairs to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Group Medical Director, Oncology- Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies, U.S. Medical Affairs will lead the development and conduct of a variety of Medical Affairs initiatives. These responsibilities include:
- Medical oversight of multiple indications/projects and/or products for the Solid Tumor area, reporting either into the Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs (SrMD) or the Head Medical Affairs, TA (HMA, TA).
- May lead 1-2 Medical Directors to develop the medical strategy for assigned projects / products with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of relevant Janssen Medical Affairs supported products. The medical strategy will be aligned with MA leadership and integrated evidence team leads (IETLs).
- Autonomy in working with MA leadership to devise strategies addressing crucial gaps via critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, V&E, Commercial and others. He/she will lead and effectively partner with Alliance partner (if applicable) on those activities.
- Securing funds for research budgets and elevate to supervisor, if required.
- Individually or through his/her MDs provides medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials.
- Contributing to and implementation of Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy as well as assessment and supervision of IIS conduct (as appropriate).
- Oversee the medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives; supports Commercial functions appropriately.
- Develops and aligns Advisory Board strategy, executes Advisory Boards and maintains relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Ensures development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen Medical Affairs studies, product monographs and responses to product inquiries.
- Minimally a PharmD or PhD is required. MD strongly preferred.
- Board certification in Medical Oncology or relevant work experience in Medical Oncology is desired.
- Experience in solid tumor, preferably bladder or lung is preferred.
- A minimum of two years in relevant position within the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- A minimum of five years including sub-specialty training is preferred.
- Experience in clinical trial design and conduct (Phases II, III or IV), including interventional oncology clinical trials, is preferred.
- This position requires up to 25% annual travel (domestic and international).
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Back to top