Global Program Leader for Events and Meeting Management
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies is recruiting for a Global Program Leader for Events and Meeting Management . This position can be based in Raynham, MA; West Chester, PA; Warsaw, IN; Cincinnati, OH; OR Somerville, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurovascular, surgery, vision care, diagnostics, diabetes care, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
The Global Program Leader for Events and Meeting Management has a critical leadership role within the Medical Devices Organization, and is a member of the Medical Devices Spend Optimization Team , chairs the Event Management (CVENT) Global Governance, Process and System Team, and works with Region RLTs in collaboration with GES Region Leaders. This individual has the responsibility to drive the event management and Medical Devices spend optimization process across Medical Devices globally. The leader will establish global process and technology standards for managing and achieving meeting spend optimization targets within Medical Devices. This individual will ensure the deployment of global meeting standards to regional delivery teams and drive the rapid integration and further deployment of event processes and systems (CVENT). The leader will work closely with the Spend Optimization team on global metrics to ensure adequate and accurate global reporting of related events and spend.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes the global strategy external event spend optimization for Medical Devices
- Directs the global event management process, system, and governance, including but not limited to Professional Education, Commercial Education and Meeting Management
- In collaboration with IT and the J&J Travel Office, create the global Medical Device spend optimization roadmap for capturing and reporting spend optimization
- Directs the creation and management of spend optimization processes and technologies that interface globally with CVENT, Lanyon, or a future combination thereof
- Designs business processes to support the creation of new and/or revised capabilities related to spend optimization and event meeting management
- Work in conjunction with the PR&O Operations Team and Business Process Excellence Team to further identify efficiency and effectiveness through the use of proven Process Excellence techniques including Lean (Blitz) and Six Sigma (DMAIC)
- Develops and executes the change management and communication plan to drive improvement initiatives whether for event management or spend optimization
- Leadership responsibility for assuring necessary tools, policies and procedures are developed and integrated to support and comply with all legal, regulatory and HCC policies to include Advamed, PharMa, ACCME, etc.
- Benchmarks J&J and other industries for Best-in-Class Education and COE practices.
- Global governance of External Meeting Spend Optimization
- Global governance of Event Management (CVENT)
- Member of the Global Medical Devices Spend Optimization Team
- Works with Region RLTs in collaboration with GES Region Leaders
- Leader of the Global Event Management (CVENT) Project
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Sr. Director, Professional Relations & Operations
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required, an MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years in progressive Healthcare roles, i.e., Professional Education, Commercial Education, Meetings Management, Brand Marketing Process Excellence, Sales, Sales Training, or Sales Management with history of success, is required.
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company's business goals is required.
- Project management experience required, preferably with digital technology and/or global systems development.
- Hands-on technical experience - proven experience in business process driver role(s), large corporate initiatives, change management, process-based organization design, corporate governance is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team is preferred.
- Global experience is highly desired.
- Awareness of adult learning theory/instructional design and experience in innovative training modalities is preferred.
- Approximately 30% global travel, including overnight, may be required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top