Global Head, Sensors and Monitors
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Global Head, Sensors and Monitors in with primary location in Raritan, NJ with consideration of other locations in Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA, Beerse Belgium, London UK, San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA up to 30% travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As a core member of the World without Disease Accelerator (WWDA) Sr Leadership Team, you will serve as a key partner to the Global Head WWDA with overall strategic and operational responsibility for developing the strategic efforts for the needed sensors and wearables to enable the prevention, interception and curing of the target diseases. These efforts will partner with the WWD and X-sector Disease Area venture leaders, to provide strategic input from a sensor and wearable perspective into the overall Disease Area strategic plans.
It is expected that you will continue to identify emerging sensor and wearable platforms for investment and integration into the overall WWDA efforts. You will lead the WWDA Sensor & Wearables team, which will enable our overall vision of a World without Disease. The expectation is that you will optimize internal and external efforts, both within WWDA as well as J&J, to deliver against our portfolio of disease areas. The sensor and wearables team will work closely on the Digital Dx areas with Janssen Diagnostics (member of WWDA) to advance an integrated model of sensors and diagnostics in disease strategies.
Specific responsibilities of this team include developing a portfolio of sensor and wearable platforms to enable our WWD vision, partnering with X-sector & WWD Disease Area Venture leaders to create a holistic Disease Area Scientific strategies, performing foundational research into new technologies to screen and monitor disease, identifying key external partners to complement internal development, performing due diligence on external technologies and serve as a key WWDA external spokesperson and attracting key talent to both WWDA as well as the Sensor Group.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Partner with X-sector & WWDA Disease Area Venture Leaders to develop holistic X-sector & WWDA Disease Area Scientific Strategies
- Develop Sensor programs that are aligned against the WWDA Scientific Strategies
- Identify and partner with key external research labs, entrepreneurs, and companies to build and maintain a portfolio of sensor technologies that will enable WWDA vision
- Execute foundational sensor research including Digital Twin concept
- A minimum of a Master's Degree or equivalent in Business, Science or related discipline is required
- A PhD is preferred
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in pharmaceutical industry is required.
- A minimum of 10 years people management experience is also required
- Demonstrated success at performing behavioral research to meet scientific strategies is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the execution of scientific strategy in a matrix environment is also required
- Experience leading global teams is preferred
- Experience in assessing technology, external environment & R&D requirements to successfully assess and acquire critical external talent and assets is preferred
- Change management/leadership experience on complex transformation efforts is preferred
- Strong pharmaceutical development experience in multiple disciplines is also preferred
- Program, project and financial management is required
- Ability to translate emerging research and insights into information and strategies into executable action plans is required
- Organization, talent and capability development is also required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-London, North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top