Field Director, Medical Science Liaison - Retina (Midwest)
- Fond du Lac, WI
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Field Director, Medical Science Liaison - Retina to be based in various territories across the U.S.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Field Director, Medical Science Liaison - Retina will serve as a scientific liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with prominent experts and clinicians throughout the US. The Field Director, Medical Science Liaison - Retina will ensure the appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, ethical, compliant, and customer-focused manner. The Field Director, Medical Science Liaison will implement clinical and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical and Clinical Development to support clinical trials and educational initiatives. The Field Director, Medical Science Liaison - Retina will work to pair our key customers' educational and research needs with available resources and provide the latest emerging data in response to specific healthcare professional inquiries. This will include, where appropriate, presentations where expertise is requested.
The Field Director, Medical Science Liaison - Retina will drive recommendations and manage coordination of the Regional Medical Affairs team included the Medical Science Liaisons in the assigned region as the team expands.
• Serve as the Scientific Liaison for Janssen to important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, managed care decision makers, and pharmacy directors in alignment with applicable compliance, legal, and regulatory guidelines.
• Understand, integrate and effectively communicate scientific/medical information to the medical community and other key internal and external audiences.
• Collaborate effectively with all functional areas to identify opportunities and needs that can be addressed via communication of scientific, medical, and health economic information.
• Assist with the gathering of field insights regarding therapeutic area development and product
• Work in conjunction with the medical affairs and clinical development teams, evaluate potential external clinical research collaboration opportunities and facilitate the conduct of company-sponsored trials and clinical investigator-initiated trials (IITs).
• Drive recommendations and manage coordination of the Regional Medical Affairs team including Medical Science Liaisons
• Prioritize and work effectively in a self-directed manner in a constantly changing environment, including ability to obtain, integrate, and communicate customer feedback.
• Participate in national and regional conferences, meetings, and other scientific venues as appropriate to support the Medical/Clinical strategy and to obtain new competitive information, keep abreast of clinical trends, and support and maintain relationships with key investigators and scientific research.
• Advanced Scientific Degree (MD, D.O, NP, PA, Optometrist, O.D., Ophthalmic Techs, PharmD, PhD) with 5+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is required (knowledge of retina / ophthalmology areas of interest are preferred).
• Successful track record in a Medical field-based role
• Knowledge of managed market/health system dynamics
• Knowledge of health care delivery systems, their various components and how Janssen should interface with each stakeholder
• In-depth understanding of regulatory and healthcare compliance guidelines/policies.
• Sense of Urgency/Priority Setting
• Integrity and Credo based actions/Ethics and Values
• Ability to organize, prioritizes, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to motivate a team to produce results while working in a constantly changing environment.
• Travel (60-70%) is required within assigned region and globally to support medical congresses
• Experience working with Hospital systems, and or in a surgical setting and or medical device setting
• Experience in the Ophthalmology space
• Proficient in Power point, Excel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
United States-Wisconsin, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Iowa-Des Moines, United States, United States-Michigan, United States-Minnesota, United States-Ohio
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Back to top