Engineering/Supply Chain Co-op - Puerto Rico (Spring 2020)
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Co-op in our Supply Chain at Johnson & Johnson could work in a variety of functional areas and roles across the Supply Chain organization including but not limited to the following:
- Planning Analysts
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Regulatory Compliance/Quality Engineers
- Program Management Office Associates
- Associate Engineers
- Associate Facilitators
- Project Engineers
- Operations Associates
- Supply Chain Associates
As an Engineering Co-op you will:
- Perform Engineering projects and other work in support of the manufacturing.
- Support projects via technical skills, management skills, and communication to accomplish project analysis, experimental work, troubleshooting, documentation, project coordination and management.
- Support your assigned functional area by performing engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement behind Lean/Six Sigma projects, cost improvement projects, critical supply inventory tracking, and operations metrics tracking on a site, regional, and global level.
- Assist in performing analysis of the movement of people, processes, and products, throughout the distribution center, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, anddevelop process improvements.
- Gather and interpret process data to implementimprovements in cycle time, yield,orquality.
- Participate or conduct in troubleshooting efforts by analysis and correction of both chemical and mechanical operating problems to maintain or improve existing site operations.
- Prepare and presentoral and written reports,as needed, totechnical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintainprocess surveillance programs onissues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
The Co-op roles are filled based on individual company and business needs in all 3 of our sectors at locations across the island including:
- McNeil Healthcare - Las Piedras
- Ethicon - San Lorenzo & Guaynabo
- Johnson & Johnson Vision - Anasco
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals - Gurabo & Manati
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Be legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred.
- Be actively enrolled pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an accredited college/institution and be in good academic standing.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Previous intern or co-op experience is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical, Computer/Software)
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo-
North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Manati, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Las Piedras, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)
Back to top