Drexel University Supply Chain Co-Op
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Drexel Product Development Co-op located in West Chester, PA to support the Trauma /CMF Surgeon Response Group (SRG) within the Research and Development (R&D) department.
The DePuy Synthes Trauma / CMF SRG Team in West Chester is focused on the development of innovative medical devices based on an individual surgeon request. This specific Co-op will interface with surgeons and sales consultants to design and develop new instrumentation.
Co-op Expectations/Responsibilities/Project Details:
- Co-op will be part of a team responsible for the design and development of complex mechanical medical devices within an FDA QSR and ISO 13485 design control environment.
- The co-op will be assigned to the Surgeon Response Group within the R&D team focused on a specific customer request. Products in scope will range from the DePuy Synthes Trauma and CMF portfolios.
- They will participate in all aspects of the design control process including the identification of patient and regulatory needs, development and evaluation of design specifications, identifying and controlling of risks, and creation and documentation of design outputs.
- Required to learn and utilize Creo 3D CAD to produce models and drawings to company drafting standards.
- Support product development by regularly interfacing with members of the sales force, R&D, Prototype Manufacturing, and Design Quality.
- Design Work will be assigned based on candidate's background and successful completion of tasks.
- Co-op must be able to multi-task and have strong time management skills to release engineering documentation quickly.
- Expected to manage and release multiple new instrument requests during their co-op cycle.
- Project difficulty will depend on the co-op's ability to solve challenging design problems and work efficiently.
Successful candidates for this role possess high mechanical aptitude as well as strong problem solving and communication skills. Engineering students who like to tinker and/or work with their hands are preferred. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Minimum GPA: 3.0
Co-op will maintain active, regular communication and involvement with internal and external project team members. The Co-op will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
Expected hours/duration of co-op:
Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session. Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location.
Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Qualified candidates must be a current Drexel University Engineering student in good standing and enrolled in the Co-op program. We are looking for candidates pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- Hands-on engineering student w/ability to think creatively.
- Establish and foster collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time accordingly.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meeting face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software is required.
- Experience with 3-D modeling (Creo) preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJCoOp
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)
Back to top