Director, Program Management /Clinical Program Management Leader
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Director, Program Management Leader/Clinical Program Management Leader (PML/CPML). This position will be based in Spring House, PA with consideration for Titusville or Raritan, NJ and may require travel to Spring House, PA 2-3 days per week on average.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director PML/CPML is accountable to the compound development team and clinical team to utilize best-in-class program management support to provide end-to-end oversight of the compound program strategy and management for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, reporting, and terminating the integrated Compound and Clinical development plans. As a leader, you will provide cross-functional operational and program management leadership for the development programs for therapeutic products or non-interventional healthcare platforms in a global, matrix organization, from NME declaration to life cycle management.
In this exciting role you will:
- Contribute to the success of the Project Management Organization (PMO) in achieving its goals & objectives by ensuring program work is conducted in compliance with PMO processes and Company policies, lead program management process & quality improvement initiatives.
- Establish Compound Development Team and Clinical Team strategies with concomitant goals & objectives in alignment with organizational objectives
- Drive teams to meet or exceed those goals by providing superior global cross-functional leadership and management in a matrix organization, facilitating issue resolution, problem-solving, risk management, contingency planning and decision-making
- Lead and direct integrated teams to plan, execute, control, report and close-out all program related work across all functions (e.g., integrated program budget, risk, timeline, resource, and stakeholder management).
- Be accountable for the alignment between CDT, TA, and Portfolio plans such that the forecasted benefits of the program are achieved. Find opportunities for leveraging investments and creating value, including external innovation or partnerships.
- Challenge the team to be innovative, make it safe to try new approaches, and take prudent risks. Coach the team to bounce back quickly from disappointments and learn from mistakes. Drive process improvements across the functions
- Collaborate with key Clinical Team partners; work at the Clinical program level to drive the planning and preparation of Clinical documents required for successful Health Authority submissions, and clinically-related external committees and meetings such as Advisory Boards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Life Sciences or related discipline is required
- An advanced degree (Master's or PhD) is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years in project management or related professional experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical R&D is required
- A minimum of 3 years clinical development experience is also required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in late phase drug development is strongly preferred
- Successful leadership and management of a project management team or other cross functional teams, in a matrix, global environment is required.
- Professional project management certification (PMP) is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top