Director, Oncology Discovery
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, Oncology Discovery, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Oncology Discovery will join the department research efforts in the discovery and development of biologics, small molecule, and cell-based therapies for the treatment of hematological malignancies. S/he will be responsible for managing a team of PhD(s) and Research Associates, leading and overseeing several research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery towards the identification and development of clinical candidates. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a high level of autonomy, initiative and decision making. His/her responsibilities include delivering clinical candidates; demonstrating both depth and breadth in the scientific discipline of oncology drug discovery. The ideal candidate will drive innovation and have an impact on the scientific direction of the Department and in the Disease Areas we are strategically aligned with. The candidate will be expected to establish effective collaborations both inside and outside the company and to demonstrate excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Initiate, manage and lead multiple discovery research programs that result in the identification and characterization of Clinical Candidates
- Contribute to defining scientific strategy for Hematological Malignancies Discovery
- Act as lead functional member of the project(s) with frequent interaction with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent managerial skills to enable his/her global team to deliver on their objectives and to develop their careers
- Provide input on hiring, promotions, resources and budget allocations within the department
- Direct the proper use and implementation for new technology to establish long-term research plans
- Identify novel scenarios and nascent scientific/technical opportunities in a specific scientific area
- Communicate overall strategy of the projects to others including senior leadership
- A Ph.D. degree with a post-doctoral training and 12+ years of drug discovery experience in the area of Oncology and preferable in the area of hematological malignancies.
- A solid background in cellular, molecular and/or immune tumor biology with a good understanding of the therapeutic landscape in Oncology
- Strong record of leading programs to the identification of Clinical Candidates
- Experience supporting and designing the strategy for the development of the clinical candidate.
- Small molecule drug discovery experience preferable
- Strong track record of publications in the field.
- Broad scope of impact beyond individual projects such as: leading research platforms, disease strongholds, target classes, etc.
- Strong external network and being recognized by peers as an expert in the field
- Demonstrated competence for team leadership and/or people skills to manage a team with members in different continents.
- Detail-oriented as well as being able to see the big picture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top