Director of Operations (1 of 2)
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for aDirector of Operationsin Titusville or Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA and may require up to 20% travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director will be responsible for developing, refining, and measuring the overall operations of the World Without DiseaseAccelerator(WWDA). You will support the Head of WWDA Operations and other members of the WWDA Leadership Team (LT) in developing strategic operations and processes to enable more efficient internal and external development and operations. You will focus on key areas: operational planning, procedures, processes & standards, internal/external partnerships, portfolio and project management, metrics & measures, external funding, grant agreements, business information support of key R&D processes including business planning, budgets, long range financial planning and quarterly management reviews. You will provide insights to continuously improve R&D processes and leads implementation of process improvement.
In this exciting role you will:
- Develop strategic operations and processes to enable more efficient internal and external development and operations. .
- Develop metrics and measure the operational efficiencies of the WWDA as well as DAV Ventures.
- Partner with Finance, WWDA Head, and Head, WWDA Operations to facilitate discussions and provide insights to continuously improve critical R&D processes.
- Collaborate seamlessly across the various departments in the PMO, including PMO Portfolio Analytics, Functional Project Management and PMO Strategy & Innovation to ensure that information used for measurement is accurate while minimizing organizational efforts.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Business or related discipline is required.
- An advanced degree, Master's or PhD is preferred.
- A minimimum 10 year relevant industry experience is also required
- Prior experience dealing with writing SOP's and decision-making at senior levels is required
- Experience in measuring and refining efficiency measures is also required.
- Cross sector experience such as Pharma, Medical Device, Consumer is preferred.
- Global experience is preferred
- Process excellence, Six Sigma and/or Design Excellence experience is preferred
- Analytical background with strong technical and problem solving skills is preferred
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with senior leaders is preferred
- Strong interpersonal collaboration and team skills including working with cross-functional teams is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top