Director of Enterprise Data Center Strategy and Architecture
- Bridgewater, NJ
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director of Enterprise Data Center Strategy and Architecture to be located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Johnson & Johnson Technology Services Director, EDC Strategy and Architecture, will be responsible for the overall direction and architecture of the J&J owned and operated Enterprise Data Centers as well 3rd party co-location facilities. Additionally, this role will lead key supplier/provider relationships and have overall responsibility for compliance and audit of EDC security, quality and controls.
The role requires active engagement and partnership with J&J businesses to understand long-term future demand for business technology and partner with internal TS CloudX, Network, and Security teams to plan data center directions based on future technologies under consideration to support business demand.
The role will also partner with JJT TS Sourcing and Finance to negotiate contractual terms and conditions with 3rd party data center providers to meet future technology hosting demands and ongoing alignment to contractual terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Provide leadership/vision to advance and where necessary, evolve the EDC Strategy to ensure alignment to the overall business goals and hosting strategy of the organization
- Hold periodic meeting with OPCx, Network, Architecture, BUIT GOC Architects, ISRM, Sourcing, and Finance team to understand demand for raised floor space and communicate EDC critical thinking.
- Drive raised floor optimization projects to consolidate and reduce footprint and drive towards elimination of 3rd party sites for application hosting
- Ensure compliance of EDC security, risk, and required documentation is met, aligns to all contractual and regulatory requirements, and leads to successful audits.
- Advance Vendor/Supplier and Internal J&J relationships that foster improved communication, exchange of critical thinking, and awareness of short-term demand
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of experience in an IT infrastructure managerial position
- At least 3 years of experience at a multi-national company
- Demonstrable experience in examining issues, crafting strategy and influencing effectively across the organization
- Shown ability to improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services
- Strong analytical skills to perform data analyses in support of DC strategy development
- Negotiation and relationship management experience
- Experience leading technology teams
- Solid understanding of critical Data Center MEP and Raised floor systems
- Experienced in virtualization/Cloud based hosting technologies as well as cloud provider models
- Experience with complex multi-server and high availability environments
- Excellent network and IT infrastructure knowledge
10% Travel - national or international
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Back to top