Director, Health Economics & Market Access, Global Public Health
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Health Economics & Market Access, Global Public Health to be based preferable in New Brunswick, NJ but will consider remote based on the East Coast in the United States.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Empowering families and communities to live healthy, productive lives and create healthier futures inspires Johnson & Johnson's long-standing commitment to make life-changing and sustainable differences in global public health. We focus on improving maternal, newborn and child health, addressing global health challenges such as multi-drug resistant TB, HIV, worm-based infections, Ebola and polio, and training healthcare workers to improve lives worldwide. We bring science and technology expertise, research and development capabilities, and our global resources to develop treatments and cures, deliver lifesaving prevention and care, and design smart policies that help pave the way for large-scale, long-term solutions. Together, with governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing groups, industry partners and non-profit foundations, we partner on innovative approaches to make a difference for people everywhere to build the foundations of lasting health.
The Director, Global Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) will be responsible for the development and implementation of health economic, market access strategies in support of the FAST, non-fast teams & R&D organizations. The role involves collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, with participation in upstream and downstream activities, as well as working closely with payers, donors, NGOs, providers and HCPs.
Working under the direction and guidance of the Global HEMAR Lead J&JGPH, this person will:
- Lead the development of comprehensive global tools such as value dossiers, health economic models, publications and training materials relevant for low and middle-income countries.
- Develop local solutions and local healthcare strengthening activities in collaboration with local GPH organizations to increase patients access.
- Ensure the value proposition is communicated appropriately to internal and external audience. Work closely with the field-based organization for implementation and impact measurement.
- Leads and coordinates HEMA interactions with J&J and external collaborators, contractors and vendors.
- Build professional relationships and works closely with key thought leaders in health economics for all GPH therapeutics areas.
- For products entering full development prior to regulatory approval, establish an understanding of the burden of disease, unmet need, and plan for evidence generation to support the value of the product to optimize pricing, reimbursement and access.
- Collaboration with Medical Affairs in the design of clinical trials to support market access across the GPH portfolio
- A Bachelor's degree is required. An advance degree in health sciences, medicine, economics or finance is preferred (MD, MBA, MSc, PhD etc)
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in health outcomes research including real world evidence studies, market access, value-based healthcare decision making, or other related fields for medical devices, pharmaceuticals, or diagnostics is required.
- Experience in developing and implementing patient access tools solutions and strategies in low and middle-income countries is preferred.
- Depth in health economics and data management, marketing and/or market research, big data and formation of innovative marketing and digital solutions is preferred.
- Experience working successfully in complex matrix environments is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate professional concepts to diverse internal and external audiences is required.
- Track record of working effectively with in several regions with other cultures and international teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Back to top