Director, Epidemiology and Real-World Data Sciences - Medical Devices (2 openings)
The Medical Device Epidemiology and Real-World Data Science (Epi-RWDS) organization in Johnson & Johnson (J&J) group is located in the New Brunswick, NJ office. We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity as Director, Safety Epidemiology and Real-World Data Sciences position located in one of the following J&J offices: New Brunswick NJ, Titusville NJ, West Chester PA, Raynham MA, Warsaw IN or Cincinnati OH. You will visit our team headquarters in the New Brunswick, NJ office at least once a month. Other potential locations are Solothurn, Switzerland, Diegem, Belgium or Leeds, UK.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of J&J. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the J&J Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We thrive on and grow with a diverse company culture, celebrate the uniqueness of our employees, are committed to inclusion, follow the ethics-based Credo of J&J, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our Epi-RWDS organization in J&J conducts observational research to support product development, product launch, post-market safety and effectiveness, value assessments, and business development of medical devices. The team leads RWD innovation and methodological excellence across J&J's medical device sector. The team provides skills in using real-world evidence to answer questions related to safety, product development, label extensions, value demonstration for payers, and other activities.
The Director will perform the following for the Medical Device sector:
The position requires maturity and astute judgement in interpreting observational data to support regulatory decisions regarding device safety. You will report to the Senior Director for Safety, Epi-RWDS, who reports to the Vice President of Epi-RWDS, who reports to the Senior Vice President of Epidemiology for all J&J sectors in the Office of the Chief Medical Officer.
Your Education and Experience
- A PhD or MD in the same areas with at least 10 years of Epidemiology or related research work experience is required. Alternatively, a Master's degree in Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Health Outcomes Research, Biostatistics, or other related field with at least 12 years of Epidemiology or related research work experience in health care is required.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare databases, registries, observational study design is required
- Experience with medical devices is preferred
- Experience with adverse event report/complaints signal detection and analysis is preferred
- A sophisticated understanding and ability to analyze and interpret quantitative data is required
- Experience writing methods sections of study proposals and protocols is required
- Experience authoring peer reviewed publications using RWD is required
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration and working in matrix teams in required
- Experience working with regulatory authorities and/or European notified bodies is preferred
- This position may require up to 25% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Diegem, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Solothurn-Solothurn, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
MD&D Global Services LLC (6209)
Back to top