Director, Advanced Insights
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Advanced Insights. This position can be located in Spring House, PA; Horsham, PA; Malvern, PA; Titusville NJ; Raritan, NJ; High Wycombe, United Kingdom; Beerse, Belgium or Leiden, Netherlands.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Enabling Business Information Systems (EBIS) group is responsible for supporting the process and technology needs for Global Clinical Development Operations (GCDO) covering global clinical operations, medical affairs operations, portfolio delivery operations, data management, risk-management and central monitoring, statistical programming, regulatory medical writing and Investigator Patient Engagement. Advanced Insight will have the responsibility to leverage data from various sources, including clinical and operation data and analysis to drive better clinical trial oversight decisions
This Director, Advanced Insights will have the overall responsibility to refine and lead an Integrated Clinical Operational Analytics strategy, including visualization needs to support advanced insights from operational and clinical sources to serve multiple functions within Pharma R&D in support of trial management and proactive risk management. This includes defining, implementing, maintaining and developing best practices in support of data ingestion, integration and curation, predictive and prescriptive modeling, advanced data analytics, including machine learning and natural language processing and related visualization. This role has responsibility for supervising Advanced Insight team deliver integration and analytics projects according to plan and within budget. Work with EBIS and ICOA Senior Leadership, Business Partners, IT and Finance to plan and coordinate the data integration and analytics as well as continuous improvement projects.
- Lead, manage and develop a high functioning diverse team and to build a department to enable industry-leading department in clinical and operation analytics, with a focus on delivering optimized solutions value for R&D stakeholders. Ensure GCDO wide delivery and adoption of an analytics and reporting strategy aligned with our customers' needs.
- Define and execute a clinical and operation advanced analytics (machine learning, deep learning, NLP, etc.) that facilitates gaining deep insight to clinical and operation data for relevant business partners in GCDO and clinical therapeutic areas.
- Define and execute a clinical and operation data integration and ingestion strategy that facilitates roll out of analytics and reporting strategy for relevant business partners in GCDO and clinical therapeutic area stakeholders.
- Contribute to long term strategy, overseeing the development, monitoring and reporting on successful execution of annual goals and objectives of ICOA in line with EBIS, GCDO and Development Management, Operations and Analytics (DMOA) imperatives.
- Be a member of the ICOA Leadership Team.
- Establish an internal and external benchmarking network facilitating the distillation of best data integration and analytics practice from leading organization externally and identify best practices from internal teams within Johnson & Johnson.
- Participate in Janssen GCDO and Johnson & Johnson Clinical Operations Continuous Improvement initiatives as assigned.
- A minimum of a Master's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline. PhD degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant Pharmaceutical/Health Care or regulated industry experience, working at the interface between systems and business, is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading individuals and teams, with a proven track record in developing talent, is required.
- Proven ability to translate and influence business requirements against existing analytics and data integration capabilities is required.
- Experience identifying capabilities, challenges and necessary solutions to ensure realistic goal setting for roll out of future analytics model is required.
- Experience in the establishment and implementation of data analytics framework for managing complex analytics is required.
- Experience in advanced analytics processes, including gaining insight from structured and unstructured data, predictive modeling and optimization is required.
- Experience shaping and delivering key programs that optimized performance and delivered project support in matrix environments is required.
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects is required.
- Working knowledge of data integration and warehousing is preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical clinical development or a regulated industry operation is preferred
- Experience working in a global environment is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Back to top