Design Summer Internship Program 2020
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The J&J Design Studio is the internal design team of Johnson & Johnson and crafts compelling end-user solutions across all the Company's business groups: Consumer, Pharma and Medical Devices. Located in New York City, the Studio consists of 2D, 3D, DXD, UX/UI, CGI and Design Operations categories and contains over 100 professionals, many with advanced degrees in their chosen design specialties.
J&J Design is looking for creative, hardworking Interns and Co-ops. Through the Internship and Co-op program, you will gain hands-on, real world experience in all aspects of the design development process. You will also have numerous opportunities presented to you such as networking, mentoring options and cross-functional exposure.
We currently have opportunities in the following areas:
- The Environmental Design Intern will assist with the creative execution of spatial and applied branding projects and initiatives; creating and expanding on key elements derived from the brand's holistic vision as to how employees and visitors experience Johnson & Johnson around the globe through the development and application on a diverse touch points such as workplace, retail and healthcare, with executional excellence.
Insights Experience & Strategy
- As the intern, you will use Design Thinking and its associated skillsets including ethnography, synthesis, generative facilitation, and storytelling to help teams develop new ideas. You will also reframe challenges based on insight and enable teams to collaborate. Your deliverables lie in learning, framing, envisioning and even making new, holistic experiences of care.
- Brand Design Interns will gain experience in design and utilize Design Thinking to deliver a diverse range of project and create global brand solutions across several categories such as packaging, communications, digital, product and environmental design under supervision.
- As the Digital Experience Design Intern, you will participate and gain experience in product and platform design by applying skills in UX research, design thinking, information architecture, and user-interface design to build and engage people. The role has the potential to impact a variety of J&J touch points, including websites, human-machine interfaces, mobile apps, wearables, and hospital environments.
Fundamental Application Requirements:
- A portfolio link must be included in the resume or you will not be considered and will be disqualified.
- Your resume must be submitted in PDF format to be considered.
Successful Summer Interns are required to:
- Have permanent work authorization in the US. We cannot consider students requiring future sponsorship.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Ability to work full time (40 hours a week) from June 15 - August 21
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New York-New York-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)
Back to top