Companion Diagnostics Commercial Strategy Director, Oncology
- Raritan, NJ
Janssen Pharmaceuticals of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Companion Diagnostics Commercial Strategy Director, Oncology to be located in Raritan, New Jersey.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal
The Companion Diagnostics Commercial Strategy Director, Oncology will have responsibility for designing & executing Janssen's global commercial companion diagnostics (CDx) strategy in collaboration with key cross-functional stakeholders of the global and regional oncology organization. The successful candidate should have extensive pharma and diagnostic commercial experience and oncology experience, be a strong leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to translate the commercial CDx strategy into execution for our oncology portfolio and pipeline.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Primary responsibilities for this leadership position will include but not limited to:
- Lead the design and implementation of Global Commercial CDx strategy for various CDx programs in collaboration with the Global Brand Teams, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Development, Market Access, and the Global Compound Development teams (CDTs) in the Oncology Therapeutic Area (TA).
- Represent the commercial priorities of the Oncology TA and provide commercial diagnostics expertise and guidance for CDTs at various stages of development.
- Lead commercial evaluation of diagnostics platforms, actively seek new products/technologies, effectively partner and foster key collaboration with appropriate industry, academies, and government partners in support of our CDx strategy.
- Develop and implement plans for successful launches of CDx programs, ensuring seamless global access to CDx solutions that support the applicable brand strategies
- Educate internal stakeholders on the CDx market and critical success factors and contribute to building internal capabilities required for long -term success with CDx commercialization.
- Contribute to the development of internal and/or external communication pertaining to companion diagnostics, as appropriate.
- Develop and oversee budget for assigned initiatives.
- Manage consultants/agencies for key projects.
- Build current and future competitive advantage by understanding & addressing key customers' needs, and by demonstrating deep understanding of competitors' strategies.
- Develop internal and external customer relationships that successfully drive business objectives.
- Ensure timely guidance to senior management regarding the strategy and key brands.
- Establish a productive work environment by creating trust and respect within the Therapeutic Areas (TAs).
- Balance business priorities and resources, adapting to the external and internal environment.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in progressive commercial leadership roles.
- Experience in diagnostics commercialization required; experience with companion diagnostics commercialization preferred.
- Marketing experience in Oncology preferred.
- Product launch experience preferred
- Global Commercial experience preferred
- Ability to work in strong matrix environment and leading by influence required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills are required.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills required.
- Strong analytical skills to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key issues and establish priorities.
- Approximately 20% travel required; some international travel required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Back to top