Commercial Data Sciences Co-Op Spring 2020
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
In this role, you will work with colleagues in Data Sciences and partner with key businesses across Janssen to help in applying advanced analytics to answer business questions related to projects in one of the key focus areas of the group (Machine Learning, Privacy andPatientDe-identificationAnalytics, Real World Evidence, Big Data Analytics or Semantic Integration & Business Insights).Youwill be a full member of a project team to help connect with other data scientists and business partners to gather requirements around a critical business need,and alsoact in a primary role as a trusted primary IT partner.You will also collaborate with subject matter experts from the business and use their feedback to create and iterate on data solutions.
Successful Co-Ops will possess:
- A strongunderstanding of Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Privacy Engineering, Computational Biology, Genomics, or related field.
- Proficiency inone or more of the following:R,RShiny,Python,SQL,C, C++, Java, Perl
- Experience with data wrangling, transformations, visualization, modeling, and analysis.
- Familiarity with doing computations and analyses on large datasets.
- Experience building population statistics to compare to the prevalence of elements in the analysis dataset is preferred.
- Familiarity in communication ofmethods and results to business partners is preferred.
- Experienceworking in a data warehouse environment with exposure to INFORMATICA,Redshift and Teradata is preferred.
- Knowledge of health outcomes databases (claim, EMR/EHR, survey, observation studies) is a plus.
- Understanding of clinical data model/standards/vocabularies such asMedDRA,SNOMED, CDISC, CDM andRxNORMis a plus.
- Coursework or background in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biomedical engineeringand other life sciences is a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills is preferred.
- Ability to work January 2020 - June 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top