Cardiovascular & Institutional Specialist - Seattle, WA- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Cardiovascular & Institutional Specialist to support the Seattle, Washington territory. This territory includes Kirkland, Issaquah, and Yakima.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Cardiovascular & Institutional (CVI) Specialist:
- Compliantly achievessales quota, market share, market share growth, and other business objectives specific to the cardiovascular, metabolic and institutional market segment with its customers
- Excels insellingand customer development activities including but are not limited to daily calls with stakeholders such as cardiologists, hospitals, specialists, and other sites of establishing long-term relationships and achieving key metrics.
- Developsthought leadersand leverages the political network to influence contract implementation, protocols and utilization, and to gain access to clinicians.
- Demonstratesconsultative sellingskills andexpertisein cardiovascular and metabolic therapeutic areas, healthcare landscape, clinical/therapeutic, managed care, and customer using approved/ compliant documentation and tools to meet each stakeholder's decision-making style and prescribing habits.
- Applies an understanding ofinstitutionalcore measures, contracts costs, liabilities, and length-of-stay to favorably influence external customer decision makers, such as state Medicaid, GPOs, wholesalers, and others.
- Applies reimbursement, formulary, and managed care knowledge to increase access to Janssen products and to gain formulary availability and positioning for products in the institution.
- Develops and applies expertise in business analytics, marketplace, disease state, competitor and clinical; and implements a compliant and efficient local marketbusiness plan
- Modifies strategy and shifts resources based on insight of conditions within local market andprioritizestime and resources against highest potential opportunities to maximize outcomes. Proactively addresses competitive threats and emerging opportunities
- Utilizestechnologyto analyze sales results, track results of activities, update customer account documentation
- Effectivelycollaborateswith internal and external partners developing two-way lines of communications, and a broad network in which to share all relevant information
- Organizes and completesadministrativeresponsibilities efficiently, including healthcare compliance, expense reports, call reporting, and other assignments by established deadlines.
- Applies a full understanding of healthcarecomplianceand regulatory guidelines, economic and market trends, reimbursement policies, third-party payers, hospitals, and federal entities
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- At least 2 years direct selling experience in the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, other) is required along with documented success in delivering sales results and achieving targets
- Prior experience in selling to Cardiologists, specialists, other related specialty physicians professionals preferred.
- Company awards or participation in management development program preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required
- Must reside within close proximity to the geography or be willing to relocate to it.
- U.S. healthcare industry knowledge, including key stakeholders and delivery of care preferred.
- Ability to independently prioritize and thrive within challenging and dynamic settings is required.
- Full visual acuity is required to operate computer and electronic devices, telephone systems, and drive a vehicle.
- Flexibility to significant travel, including overnight travel, as well as work beyond normal business hours and periodic weekend work is required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. periodically, sit at a desk for up to 2 hours, climb stairs, walk quickly from place to place between business interactions, and travel by car or airplane independently is needed to perform accountabilities. Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations
North America-United States-Washington-Kirkland
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top