Aveeno Associate Director, Beauty GFO, Global Strategic Insights & Analytics
Johnson & Johnson, is currently recruiting for Aveeno Associate Director, Beauty GFO GSIA. This position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ with 10% International and Domestic Travel.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every single day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world competes in the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets and has the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Associate Director of Global Strategic Insights leads the development of brand building insights and guides all aspects of Market Research, Strategy, Innovation, Integrated Marketing Communication, Portfolio and Performance Analytics and Consumer Closeness for the Aveeno Franchise globally. This person translates learning's into actionable recommendations that drive business growth. They demonstrate excellent communication and partner collaboratively with business teams to drive these initiatives into action. This role covers social listening, desk research, quantitative and qualitative research and analytics that feed into the development of deep human insights to expand and grow the Aveeno brand globally. This position will be the primary point person for Aveeno Brand fundamentals and the consumer-centered growth model. This position directs upstream, 7+ innovation pipeline and brand equity direction as well as downstream, expansion of the brand's footprint, adjacencies, and technology and communication platforms. This may expand to include assessment and knowledge transfer to aid adjacent Specialty brands and technology acquisitions and integration efforts (NeoStrata, Exuviance, Coverblend.) Direct reporting line is to the GSIA Director.
- Will be the authority on Aveeno Brand, responsible for total AVEENO, including Body, Face, Sun, and devices
- This person develops the most appropriate research and analytics strategies to deliver against critical business objectives and long-term Aveeno marketing and growth strategy
- Leads the translation of consumer foundational work in markets, and turns knowledge into insights to identify and address opportunities that will help Aveeno top -tier countries achieve their goals
- Leads roll up of all syndicated and panel analyses, the integration of the multiple market level data sources into complete, coherent global stories and inspirational analyses
- Leverages analytics to understand Aveeno business drivers and predict business growth
- Navigates and champions Aveeno input to maximize global Beauty initiative success:
- Inspire and Contribute to upstream NPD and Platform insights/ideas
- Validate and Maximize Initiative Size/Valuation (One Forecast, GenSight) for Aveeno Global initiatives
- Drive Aveeno Global Brand Growth Framework - identify global prime prospects for growth and (competitive) sources of volume
- Champion ways to accelerate knowledge transfer of success models
- Champion the new, agile approach to innovation research across Global Aveeno initiative portfolio
- Lead new ways of Brand-building fundamentals and Innovation learning plans for Aveeno -- including insight generation, NPD and Commercial innovation market research, analytics, activation and real-time optimization.
- Leads Brand Growth Framework for the Aveeno
- Understands Beauty/Aveeno barriers to trial, the claims development strategy, and determines the relative value of these claims to the business.
- Understands Portfolio opportunities including identifying New Sources of Volume, defining role of categories in driving sales and equity, and guides category, initiative and technology portfolio choices
- Stays on top of global Aveeno Competitive NPD and performance landscape as well as Aveeno's own initiative success and performance
- Conducts work in line with GSIA principles outlined within the GSIA OGSM for J&J Consumer. Integrates best practice learning and ensures 'best-in-class' performance and actively contributes to broader GSIA initiatives
- Uses knowledge of key macro trends and leads understanding of consumer, market and competitive landscape to diagnose business performance and address business issues
- Uses broader range of research tools/resources/processes, including social listening and desk research to assess business issues; Independently and proactively identifies the key business issues/questions and develops the most appropriate research design and analytic plan to address business/ research needs
- Acts as a business partner, not just a market research specialist. Must be willing to roll up sleeves and go into the trenches of research design and method development, data, reports and analytics as well as consumer immersion and engagement to directly speak to key insights and recommendation
- Integrates knowledge from multiple sources; Interprets and pragmatically translates learning into feasible business building action steps, and ensures alignment with key business partners
- Influences others in the implementation of action steps to drive the business. Demonstrates objectivity in the interpretation of findings and development of recommendations and implications. Guides cross-functional team members to an objective, consumer-centric, data-based viewpoint
- Communicates complex issues with impact and clarity
- Provides on-going advice to all levels in the GFO and other partners
- Integrates best practice learning and global standards; Maintains a constructive approach to conflict
- A Bachelor's degree is required; Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Market Research, Social Sciences or Statistics is preferred
- Minimum of six years of progressed experience in Market Research, Data Science and Analytics is required
- Experience in consumer marketing or manufacturing company preferred.
- Deep technical mastery across GSI&A disciplines is required
- Experience in handling complexity within a matrixed, global brand environment required
- Strong track record of leadership in high performance environment preferred
- CPG experience preferable
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top