Automation Scientist, Expression Sciences
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Automation Scientist, Expression Sciences located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to build a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease encourages us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Are you an outstanding scientist/engineer with experience in developing and improving large robotic platforms? Would you like to apply your expertise to design therapeutics to address unmet medical needs? We at Janssen Biotherapeutics are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join our team committed to changing the future of medicine. As a member of the Biologics Discovery team, you will apply the latest high-throughput technologies to identify novel fit-for-purpose biotherapeutic lead molecules aimed at addressing the most challenging diseases.
Responsibilities and skills:
• Expert at programming liquid handlers such as TECAN, LYNX, and Hamilton platforms.
• Solid understanding of HT platforms for small and/or large molecules.
• Excel at developing/improving high-throughput robotic platforms for production and screening of biological samples.
• Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary scientists, including communicating in a highly matrixed scientific environment.
• Ability to take an integral role in project and functional teams to drive project advancement.
• Maintain accurate electronic laboratory notebooks and write technical reports, summaries, protocols, and manuscripts.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. with 5+ years of experience or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics, or related field is required.
• Broad expertise with operating high-throughput robotic platform is required.
• Extensive experience with high-throughput small molecule screening / protein engineering / biological system engineering screening is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 or more years of automation experience is preferred.
• Familiar with production of biological molecules, e.g. high-throughput protein production in CHO/HEK is preferred.
• The successful candidate should have the ability to work independently and meet discovery timelines.
• Candidate must have interpersonal skills to collaborate within a diverse team.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top