Associate Scientist- Malvern, PA- Full Time
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member ofJohnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist. This position can be located in Malvern, PA or Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Biotherapeutics department is offering an excellent opportunity for an Associate Scientist. The Associate Scientist, as part of the Drug Product Development group, will be responsible for supporting combination product development involving parenteral injection devices delivering biologics and peptides and will work closely with the Primary Container and Device group. This position has an important role in the design and testing of state-of-the-art platform injection devices. This individual will lead studies related to establishing product-process relationships for these biologic-delivery device combination products. This will include thedevelopment and optimization of the technical operations associated with these products. In this capacity, the Associate Scientist will serve as a working technical member of new product development programs.
- Perform study design and execution activities to determine and characterize process parameters associated with preparation of biologic drug and combination products. Studies may include formulation development, process development (fill-finish), combination products/device functionality and assembly, and related product performance and stability evaluations.
- Partner with product and process development teams to ensure combination product design incorporates good Design for Manufacturability principals and ultimately meets established product/process specifications for the drug product.
- Integrate perspectives and needs from cross functional partners during the development process.
- Support design transfer activities for biologic-device combination products.
- Perform technical analysis of the project data, including trending of data.
- Author technical reports and make presentations of technical data.
- Follow general laboratory safety procedures, as related to biologically-derived materials.
- A minimum of 3 years of related laboratory experience with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Process, and Bio-Medical) or a minimum of 1 year of related laboratory experience with a Master's degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology experience is preferred.
- Experience with formulation, parenteral injection delivery devices, and fill/finish process development for therapeutic biologic drug products is preferred
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements preferred.
- Experience with characterization of biological molecules is preferred.
- Project management skills, such as developing and managing project plans, preferred,
- Must have excellent strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJFullTime
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top