Associate Scientist, CAR-T Biology (1 of 2)
- Spring House, PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, CAR-T Biology located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are searching for an Associate Scientist in utilizing highly specialized experience and knowledge, this position will be accountable for preclinical generation and characterization of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cells for multiple CAR-T platforms . Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: daily maintenance of early- and late-stage CAR-T cells for in vitro and in vivo applications; assay design and execution to enable CAR-T cell platform development; providing functional and intellectual support to the CAR-T cell group within BioTherapeutics.
- Provide extensive working knowledge of primary human T cell culture including purification from mixed populations, in vitro culture and maintenance, and flow cytometry-based immunophenotyping.
- Possess functional expertise with genetic manipulation of T cells including electroporation, viral transduction, and other related technologies.
- Design and execute experimental plans with minimal guidance; analyze and record data, establish laboratory protocols, and contribute to technical reports.
- Contribute to cell engineering research, assay development and execution, and engineered T cell platform development.
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results
- Support the development of therapies focused on engineered T cells
- B.Sc. with 3-5 years of T cell biology experience in academic or industrial background
- Ability to work independently with advanced flow cytometry equipment
- Independently propose, design, execute, and report research projects
- Possess the ability to solve complex problems in a creative scientific fashion
- Outstanding collaborative and communication skills
- Foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top