Associate Scientific Director, Immunology Discovery
- La Jolla, CA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Associate Scientific Director in Discovery Immunology, located in Spring House, PA or La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information. Janssen Immunology focuses on improving the health and lifestyles of people with serious immunological and inflammatory conditions worldwide and has a leading portfolio of medicines for the treatment of diseases in rheumatology, dermatology and gastroenterology.
We are seeking an Associate Scientific Director to join the Adaptive Immunity group within Immunology Discovery. The successful candidate will shape and execute strategies to advance drug discovery programs across the Immunology portfolio, with a focus on proven record of target identification and validation as well as successfully leading matrixed teams on early programs. People management, including coaching, mentoring and managing people for performance and scientific growth, is a key aspect of this position.
• Shape and execute scientific strategies for target identification and validation, drug discovery, combination therapy approaches, and indication expansion activities related to adaptive immunity driven rheumatologic, dermatologic and gastroenterologic diseases.
• Provide leadership to various pre-clinical drug discovery programs including leading early research programs.
• Interact with key partners including Discovery leaders, the Immunology TA and partner organizations including Biologics/Small molecule Research and Development groups to delivery clinical candidates.
• Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development.
• Develop and advance relevant platform technologies as needed.
• Work closely with Discovery leaders to implement an autoimmune disease strategy within the focus area and support ongoing programs.
• Identify, develop and drive research collaborations with academic groups and external partners.
• Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators.
• Manage and mentor a scientific team that could span the Discovery hubs.
• Minimum of a Ph.D. degree with post-doctoral experience and at least 8-10 years of industry experience, 3-5 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist/Associate Scientific Director level OR the equivalent training/experience is required.
• Ability to effectively manage, lead and mentor a scientific team and direct and/or indirect people management experience is required.
• Demonstrated experience leading multiple Discovery Programs (small molecule and biologics) is required.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to present and assemble complex data sets and data type is required.
• Proven ability to interact in a matrix environment.
• Up to 15% travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top