Associate Director, Scientific Writing, Real World Evidence
- Titusville, NJ
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, Real-World Value & Evidence (RWVE) is recruiting for an Associate Director, Scientific Writing, Real World (RW) Evidence to be based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We are passionate about treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Scientific Writing is responsible for preparing observational and interventional study protocols, abstracts, posters, manuscripts, white papers, policy documents and other scientific communications based on evidence generated by the RW Research Team. All deliverables must be of high quality with respect to scientific content, organization, clarity, accuracy, and adhere to internal processes, company and regulatory guidelines and ethical publishing standards. The Associate Director, Scientific Writing will apply sound decision-making to organize clinical, statistical, and health economic data into deliverables that effectively communicate unmet patient need or the clinical/economic value of Janssen pharmaceutical products
As a member of the RW Research Team, the Associate Director, Scientific Writing works closely with RW Research leads, researchers from other business groups (eg, RWVE and Medical Affairs) and external opinion leaders to ensure team alignment and efficient completion of project deliverables. Serving on multiple small, agile project teams, this individual assists with study design, data interpretation, literature searches, project management and publication planning. The position also involves managing a small pool of third-party writing vendors and overseeing their work, maintaining document templates, providing direction on SOPs and training curriculum, and ensuring archival of team documents. This role also assists members of an adjacent team, RWVE Market Access Analytics, in the development of research reports and slide decks for internal use.
The successful candidate will have experience leading the preparation and submission of manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals, as well as writing scientific abstracts, posters, and slide presentations for scientific conferences. The candidate will also have a strong scientific background, particularly in study design and data interpretation and visualization, and the ability to rapidly become familiar with Janssen's therapeutic areas and therapies.
- Master's Degree in a related field, eg, biologic sciences, medical or pharmaceutical is required. PhD or other doctorate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical medical writing/publications, medical affairs, or at a medical communications agency.
- The ability to interpret, analyze and summarize clinical and statistical data is required.
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg, PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, others)
- Outstanding writing and editing skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral) are required.
- Ability to work as a teammate on multiple fast-paced projects is required.
- Experience with preparation and submission of publication deliverables (abstracts, posters, manuscripts) is required
- Experience in the real world evidence and health economics and outcomes research fields, including studies utilizing claims data and/or EMR/EHR is preferred.
- An understanding of observational and interventional study design and/or statistical analysis is preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to conducting research and dissemination of scientific information is helpful.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Back to top