Associate Director Scientific Communications
- Horsham, PA
Janssen Scientific Affairs, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director Scientific Communications, Oncology in U.S. Medical Affairs (USMA) located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us.
The Associate Director, Scientific Communications (Oncology) will work with Director, Scientific Communications to drive the development and dissemination of strategic scientific communications (i.e. manuscripts, abstracts, congress presentations, and MSL materials) and regulatory documents (i.e. protocols, clinical study reports, etc.). This position will support one or more assets in the Oncology therapeutic area. The incumbent will be expected to provide hands-on medical writing support for the development of scientific communications materials for up to 50% of his/her time.
This individual will:
- Contribute to and execute strategic publication plans in collaboration with cross-functional TA team including internal authors, R&D clinical leads, and study statisticians
- Provide medical writing assistance for both publications and regulatory documents
- Serve as a key scientific lead for assigned asset(s) within the Oncology TA, providing editorial, scientific and strategic expertise for assigned projects
- Responsible for efficient preparation and delivery of high-quality publications, presentations, and abstracts; review all project-related content for accuracy and consistency
- Build working relationships with internal stakeholders and partners, along with external investigators/authors and opinion leaders (OLs)
- Facilitate discussions regarding dissemination of published data and contribute to the strategic scientific communications plan
- Oversee development, review and approval of both reactive and proactive materials for the MSL team including talking points and presentations
- Lead projects and deliver documents within process/timeline constraints
- Guide or train cross-functional team members, including external contractors, on processes and standard methodologies; coach or mentor more junior writers
- Doctoral degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, or DO) with 6-8 years' experience or a Master's degree with 8-10 years of related (pharmaceutical) work experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years publication strategy, planning, and writing experience is required
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience writing regulatory documents in a pharmaceutical, CRO, or agency setting is desired
- In-depth knowledge of medical writing and publication guidelines, such as ICH or GCP or AMA or GPP3 or ICMJE is required
- Knowledge of the Oncology therapeutic area highly preferred.
- Vendor management experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation, conflict management and problem-solving skills are required
- The candidate must be a highly motivated, organized, self-starter with a demonstrated track record of achievements
- This position will be based in Horsham, PA and will require up to 20% domestic and, possibly, international travel
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Back to top