Associate Director, Pharmacometrics
- Bridgewater, NJ
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for an Associate Director, Pharmacometrics, located in Spring house, PA with consideration given to Raritan, NJ and Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This position will be responsible for the development and execution of pharmacokinetics population pharmacokinetic [PK] and pharmacodynamic [PD] modeling and simulation activities related to the research, design, implementation, data analysis, interpretation, reporting, and publication of studies for products in any phase of development.
• Conducts advanced pharmacokinetic (PK)/pharmacodynamic (PD) modeling and simulation research with emphasis on mechanism-based modeling techniques, systems biology and disease progression models.
• Supports product development by defining dose-concentration-pharmacological effect relationships of a drug using modeling & simulation methodologies from data acquired at various development stages (Phase 1-3).
• Performs population PK/PD analyses in support of regulatory submissions.
• Develops & reviews study designs, writes analysis plans & reports, analyses and interprets PK/PD data and results.
• Sees opportunities and ways to address drug development questions/issues that qualify to be addressed with linear or nonlinear mixed effects modeling.
• A PhD or equivalent in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering or Biological Sciences.
• A minimum 8 years of post-doctoral experience in pharmaceutical industry or academia.
• In-depth knowledge of pre-clinical or clinical pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, and PK/PD modeling and simulation principles.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• This position may require up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
• Good knowledge of Statistics and Drug Development in general.
• Author or co-author of 5-10 peer-reviewed publications.
• A fundamental understanding of clinical and pre-clinical drug development.
• Expertise in advanced PK & Pk/PD modeling and simulation (pharmacometric) concepts and methods.
• Advanced knowledge of S-PLUS/R and NON MEM
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top