Associate Director, Integrated Business Information Services
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Director, Integrated BI Services. This position can be remotely located within the United States or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Integrated BI Services has responsibility for implementing business intelligence and analytics strategies, in line with the strategic vision of Integrated BI Services and EBIS overall. Job holder shall partner with GCDO IT, eClinical platform leads, and leads for ODW, PDW, QRM, and ARBM to optimize BI platform usage across GCDO.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the operations and optimization of the integrated BI platform (including ODW and PDW), ensuring that the platform is meeting the requirements of customers across GCDO and is compliant with applicable regulations. The job holder shall be responsible for systems inspection readiness and provide expertise as necessary for FDA and other health authority inspections. The Associate Director will be responsible for:
- Contribute to initiatives to yield faster and more effective incident management and efficient change management services
- Create and maintain a continuous improvement framework with respect to systems deployment, life cycle management, and system enhancements supported by greater partnerships with suppliers, CRO partners, and industry user groups
- Leading, managing and developing high-functioning, diverse teams. The job holder shall have technical expertise in the BI space and significant experience gained through integrating diverse and complex business processes and associated systems infrastructures
- Leading and managing the analytics, reports, and metrics efforts within Integrated BI Services team, and shall be active in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the BI platform providing information to facilitate GCDO business Management
- Setting BI strategy, aligned with Integrated BI Services, and EBIS vision and GCDO business needs. They shall work to optimize related systems infrastructure by working with other EBIS teams, GCDO IT, external partners, and vendors
- Optimization of user management, content management, performance management, and lifecycle management related to integrated BI services in alignment with the direction set by the EBIS Shared Services team
- Contributes to the prioritization of system deployment for platforms facilitating Data Quality Management, Risk Based Monitoring, Integrated Reporting, and Metrics to Maximize value for GCDO
- Leads the process for removing obsolete legacy systems to streamline and align all platforms and systems
- Contributes to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation with respect to the current and future integrated BI systems infrastructure to facilitate Data Quality Management, Risk Based Monitoring, Integrated Reporting, and Metrics to optimize the user experience across GCDO and with internal and external partners
- Collaborates with other EBIS teams to continuously improve and harmonize approaches to system validation and level 1/2/3 support
- Responsible for establishing an internal and external benchmarking network facilitating the distillation of best practices from leading organizations externally whilst also identifying & sharing best practices
- Contribute to execution of long term strategies and the successful achievement of annual goals and objectives of the Integrated BI Services Team in line with EBIS, GCDO and RDO imperatives
- Provides regular updates and insights to the EBIS - Integrated BI Services Leadership Team of the status of initiatives, highlighting operational or scientific roadblocks and proposing potential solutions that will assist in removing the roadblocks
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or university equivalent in Engineering, Science or Computer Science is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working within BI and/or Data Warehouse platforms covering clinical development in the Pharma and/or Life Sciences sector (s) is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience leading direct or matrixed teams at a management level is required
- Expert knowledge of multiple cross-functional eClinical systems, industry trends, industry guidelines and regulations, and best practices is required
- Expert understanding of GCP, ICH, and 21 CFR Part 11 is required
- Experience managing individuals and teams, with a proven track record in developing talent, is require d
- Background in data management preferred
- Additional competencies including analytical ability, quality results orientated, internal and external partnering and project leadership are required
- This position will require 25% travel
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Data Management
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top