Associate Director, Data Science Portfolio Management
- New Brunswick, NJ
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Director, R&D Data Science Portfolio Management! Is this person you? If it is, you will report to the Director, R&D Data Science Strategic Initiatives. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA.
Who We Are
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and Development areas encompass Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic disorders, Immunology, Neuroscience, and Infectious diseases. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
- Work closely with the broader Central Data Science (DS) team and Therapeutic Area (TA) / Function Data Science teams to execute on critical data science initiatives to support delivery of the short and long-term Janssen R&D Data Science strategy
- Collaborate with TAs/functions in Janssen R&D, the DS Insights & Analytics team, and DS Data Platform teams to conceive, develop, and execute on data science use-cases build a roadmap to deliver the user cases, from test and learn to scale up deployment
- Develop a deep understanding of the data and partner ecosystem, align R&D data science use cases with the key data sets and partners (internal and external)
- Champion, build and drive large strategic and sophisticated DS projects to achieve the intended impact in a timely manner
- Perform detailed analyses, develop high quality materials, and communicate in critical executive forums to facilitate leadership decision making
- Other ad hoc responsibilities in support of the DS team's objectives and overall R&D objectives, as required
- Master's degree in a scientific subject area (e.g., biological sciences, data science, epidemiology, or computer science)
- 4+ years of progressive business experience in the pharmaceutical R&D, clinical development or data science/RWD environment, including life sciences companies, consulting firms with established healthcare Data Science and life sciences practices, and other companies in the RWD and data science ecosystem
- Consistent track record of collaboration and leading in a matrix organization, entrepreneurial skill, and ability to influence and engage strategic and technical partners
- Familiarity with the data science, RWD, or digital health space. Knowledge of relevant healthcare datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims, or registry data
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Ability to travel 25%, domestic and global
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD, MD, or equivalent)
- Experience analyzing or handling healthcare data sets, including EHR, claims, registry data, and images
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining
- Experience with data science tools and statistical programming languages, including SQL, Python, R, and others
- Experience with defining use cases for machine learning and artificial intelligence in diagnostic medical imaging
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top