Associate Director Analytics Innovation Technical Lead
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease and the development of best-in-industry data science capabilities is critical to our ambition to be most innovative healthcare company.
Within our Integrated Data Analytics & Reporting (IDAR) Statistical Programming and Analysis organization we are looking for individuals who have aptitude and motivation learn the next generation data strategy and help shape and grow with us in this journey.
We are currently recruiting for aSenior Manager Analytics Innovation Technical Lead.
This position is accountable for delivering on the technical implementation for one or more innovation projects within the Analytics Innovation Team and may supervise Analytics Innovation specialist employees and/or consultants building good technical capability within the Analytics Innovation group. This position will report into the Analytics Innovation Head.
Through effective collaboration and partnership with peers, statistical programmers, SP&A leadership and relevant partners they deliver innovative solutions across the department designing, developing and deploying robust software solutions of high quality and efficiency in line with the overall IDAR SP&A technical and automation strategy.
In addition, this position may act as a Lead developer or provide project management leadership and/or support for technical projects and is accountable for ensuring solutions are optimized by using cutting edge technologies and processes.
This position will collaborate with key stakeholders to evaluate and propose data science related solutions that help facilitate automated processes, optimize operations and extract business value from data, by demonstrating AI technology, innovation strategy, and deep business expertise. Provide recommendations on implementation plans (e.g., demonstrate text and data mining, Machine Learning(MI), analytical and visualization platforms, data warehouse, AI services, Robotic Process Automation as well as provide hands-on programming and support as appropriate.
This position may lead and contribute to automation solutions demonstrating data science concepts. This role will be responsible for design, implementation and integration of data science related automated workflow and/or technology that helps in clinical analytics.
This position may lead multi-functional process improvement initiatives. Serves as a technical SME providing independent data science and automation support to SP&A organization as needed.
This position may supervise employees and/or consultants in building strong data science automation capability within the group.
- Accountable for contributing to automation solutions demonstrating data science concepts across SP&A as defined by leadership strategic objectives.
- Develops and/or oversees the development of technical solutions (e.g. SAS macros, R functions/packages and tools) that support the automation of statistical programming activities, providing technical support to the department as needed.
- Understands functional process and serve as a bridge between data science automation technology and process to ensure optimal implementation, as appropriate to support the needs of the business.
- Strong effective partnering with team members to help, design, develop and implement data science automation solutions along with development of innovative project implementation plans.
- Evaluate and implement innovative data science technology (e.g., text and data mining adopting NLP, Machine Learning, analytical and visualization platforms, data warehouse, AI cognitive services, Robotic Process Automation) for automation for general use, providing technical support where appropriate.
- Program, and/or oversee programming activities, tools and automation within SP&A.
- Develop supporting documentation and training materials as part of the implementation plans.
- Support organization by researching, making recommendations and help implement new data science approaches, processes, technologies and programming techniques that help advance internal improvement and innovation of big data analytics and data science.
- Actively engage in project team meetings, organize meetings to develop detailed plans and as applicable. Connect with user community to identify areas of opportunity where technical solutions and/or automation may drive a competitive advantage, as it relates to SP&A.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams on data science solutions development and deployment, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure.
- Connect across technical groups within J&J to demonstrate institutional knowledge and solutions.
- Actively contribute to internal knowledge base through Wikis, Forums and other collaboration mechanisms.
- Applies a strong customer focus collaborating with Analytics Innovation Team members, SP&A team members and other functions internal to IDAR to understand partner needs/requirements and deliver relevant solutions, in alignment with overall SP&A and IDAR strategies.
May act as a functional area people leader;
- Provides leadership by attracting and retaining top talent, developing team members, and ensuring organizational effectiveness, transparency, and communication.
- Responsible for local administration and decision making associated with the management of assigned personnel, including recruitment/hiring, onboarding, performance management, budget, travel, etc.
- Responsible for performance management and supports the development of assigned personnel through effective feedback, coaching, functional and disease area training and identifying appropriate development opportunities.
- Ensures compliance of assigned teams and personnel with company and department SOP's, policies and regulatory guidance documents.
- Oversees and supervises work allocation of internal and external team members within the Statistical Programming and Analytics Innovation Team.
- Reports into Analytics Innovation Head.
- Functional contacts within IDAR include but are not limited to, Departmental Leadership, Statistical Programmers, Data management and Clinical Data Standards.
- Functional contacts within Janssen (as collaborator or peer) include but are not limited to Quantitative Sciences, Biostatisticians, EBIS and IT.
- External contacts include but are not limited to, external partners, CRO management and vendor liaisons, industry peers and working groups.
This position requires understanding of the process and analytics functions in SP&A and in combination with expert data science capability across technical and data architecture, data manipulation, data visualization, software development, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing (NLP), to design, develop and deploy robust solutions of high quality and efficiency. A strong customer focus and belief in J&J Credo values in decision making. Independent, self-motivated and innovative and the ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment is required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, data science/analytics, or other relevant scientific field (or equivalent theoretical/technical depth) required. Advanced Degree (Master's, PhD or equivalent) preferred.
Approximately 8-10+ years programming experience with increasing responsibility OR Masters/MBA in a relevant field and 6-8+ years relevant experience OR PhD in a relevant field and 3-6+ years relevant experience. Experience in a pharmaceutical/ clinical trial environment preferred.
Hands-on skills in using at least one or more software packages such as SAS, Python, R, C++, Java are required.
Experience in software development and testing (e.g. SAS Macros tools, R functions/packages) is required
Advanced problem-solving skills, attention to detail, good verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required.
Knowledge and project experience in NLP, NLU, NLG is preferred.
Project management experience is preferred. Demonstrable ability to drive process improvements within area of expertise.
Experience working on multi-functional teams is preferred with demonstrated effective communication skills and experience working within a matrix environment.
Knowledge and experience of data science development environment (e.g., Domino Data Labs, Data Robots, Jupyter, Spyder, RStudio, Google Colab, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Cognitive services both in AWS and Azure), Machine Learning Libraries (e.g., Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras and Pytorch), and data visualization tools (e.g., ggplot2, Matplotlib, D3.js, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Tibco Spotfire). Experience in data warehouse, big data analysis is added plus.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Back to top