Associate Clinical Account Specialist - Central Area (Winter/Spring 2020) - Full Time
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, J&J is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries worldwide.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company's CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by growing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Associate Clinical Account Specialist (ACAS) position is a 6-9-month training position for those with little to no electrophysiology (EP) experience. Upon successful graduation from the ACAS program, you will be promoted to a Clinical Account Specialist (CAS). As a CAS, you will provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and EP lab staff on the effective use of BWI's systems and catheter equipment (e.g., The CARTO® System, associated software modules and RF generator) during case procedures within your assigned geography. The expectation is that this work leads to meeting and/or exceeding business goals.
- These positions will have start dates from January 2020 - June 2020
Under (e.g. limited supervision, general direction, etc.) and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Attend all portions of the ACAS fellowship training program without exception.
- Engage in dialogue with multiple internal and external business partners and stakeholders, and formulate solutions based on dialogue and input gained during training.
- Drive collaboration and maintain consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with the local team/Pod (i.e. TM and other CAS), as well as the support team (i.e. field trainers, site trainers, RBD) and other business partners.
- Understand the dynamics of an EP lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment.
- Maintain composure and problem-solving focus during stressful interactions.
- Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail.
- Additional duties include performing administrative work, including managing account documentation, compliance training requirements, expense reporting, and company system input.
- Maintaining safe fleet standards according to company guidelines.
- Responsible for communicating training related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for following all company guidelines related to health, safety and environmental practices and ensuring that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for adhering to company compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- Must have obtained a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred in biomedical engineering, nursing or other health care related degree OR a minimum of 2 years of related professional experience (engineering or healthcare setting) OR a minimum of 1 year of EP mapping experience.
- Graduate from an accredited academic program OR accredited EP school OR exiting a branch of the US military is preferred.
- 1-2 years of work experience within healthcare industry is preferred.
- A valid driver's license issued in the United States and successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of driving record history.
- Must maintain advanced clinical knowledge of cardiac ablation and cardio imaging, technical knowledge of EP technology, advancements, and the business landscape.
- Ability to travel related to this role. Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% overnight locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Advance-level computer skills, and the ability to multitask without the direct oversight of manager required.
- Required to train in a hospital laboratory setting, attend live patient cases, and wear protective gear (i.e. lead aprons).
- Position requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift up to 60 lbs.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-Illinois, North America-United States-Kansas, North America-United States-Louisiana, North America-United States-Missouri, North America-United States-Mississippi, North America-United States-New Mexico, North America-United States-Oklahoma, North America-United States-Texas, North America-United States-Arkansas, North America-United States-Arizona
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)
Back to top