2021 MD Engineering Development Program (MD EDP) - Summer Internship
- Boston, MA
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world's the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there's no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you'll change, too. You'll be inspired, and you'll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care - working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
About The Engineering Development INTERN Program
We offer an exciting 12-week summer engineering internship that offers exciting and unrivaled assignment experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized, cutting-edge sectors across the engineering organization, such as: Research and Development, Life Cycle Management, Supply Chain, Operations and Manufacturing.
- You will have opportunities to participate and/or lead in rotational assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project. This may include resolving advanced materials, process, inspection/testing or procedural approaches to advance a medical device through the pipeline process into full R&D, and potentially into commercialization.
- Support of products' design development, manufacturing and commercialization, leveraging technical expertise to anticipate and proactively address challenges and risks.
- Increase the productivity of product's design, improve the quality of projects, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
- Engineer capabilities required to develop and deliver automated medical devices - including requisite instruments, advanced imaging, and user interface / experience.
- Pursue a number of internal developmental training programs as well as externally recognized qualifications.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced cross functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in a program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate Engineering Degrees graduating in the Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
- The following engineering disciplines or specialties are preferred: Mechanical, Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Systems, Software, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biomedical and Computer Science.
- Up to two years of professional full-time postgraduate work experience (excluding internships, co-ops and military)
- The following concentration fields and/or skills are strongly preferred: Machine Learning, IoT, Embedded Software, Deep Machine Learning, Prototyping, Robot Design, Systems Reliability, Firmware and hardware integration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment and/or internship experiences is required.
- Ability to relocate across the United States as required by the internship program.
United States-California-Redwood City, United States-California-Santa Ana, United States-New Jersey-Somerville, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-Irving, United States-Indiana-Warsaw, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United States-California-Irwindale, United States-California-Milpitas, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)
Back to top