2020 R&D Leadership Development Program
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Our Medical Devices Research & Development Leadership Development Program (RDLDP) is a two-year dynamic rotational program that offers exciting and unrivaled assignment experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized, cutting-edge R&D teams, such as: New Product Development, Mechanical Design, Computational Modeling and Simulation, Materials Development, Robotics, Research and Testing, Manufacturing Project Management and Design Quality. As an RDLDP, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced cross functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in a rotational program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
- Have the opportunity to learn about anatomy, disease states, and deformities and the surgical procedures and products used to address these conditions.
- Lead and/or support an entire project or a large portion of a major project that may include the design, development, manufacturing and commercialization of new products or product modifications.
- Develop advanced materials and/or medical devices, improve processes, manage and mitigate project risks, and/or perform test method validation and mechanical testing.
- Develop and deliver automated medical devices including requisite instruments, advanced imaging, and user interface / experience.
- Leverage your technical expertise to assist with product development from concept design to commercialization with exposure to cross functional departments like design quality, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, and regulatory.
- Utilize solid modeling to design products, create drawings and tolerance analyses of mating components.
- Become familiar with and create design control documentation required by regulatory governing bodies.
- Participate in internal developmental training programs, as well as, externally recognized qualifications such as Process and Design Excellence.
- Present to leadership your learnings and development experience.
- Graduate students completing a Masters degree program by June 2020 is required.
- The following engineering disciplines are preferred: Mechanical, Material Science, Design, Product Development, Robotics, Biomedical, Electrical, Software, and Computer Science.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment and/or internship experiences is required.
- Team player with the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others is required.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success is required.
- Proactive self-starter and have the courage to take a leadership position to help deliver robust results is required.
- Ability to relocate across the United States as required by the program's rotations is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
North America-United States-California-Santa Ana, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Back to top