2017 Janssen Project Management Co-op - NJ & PA
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for full-time Co-ops (40 hours / week) positions in Project Management Organization for the duration of approximately 6 months.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in immunologic and pulmonary disorders, neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, hematology, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
Co-op, PMO TA - Immunology
Co-opProgram ManagementLeader (PML) will be basedin Springhouse, PA with up to 10% travel to Titusville, NJ or Raritan, NJ.
The Immunology Program Management team, part of the Project Management Organization (PMO), is responsible for planning and managing the drug development activities of the Compound Development Team (CDT) and its sub-team, the Project Management Team (PMT). Members of the Immunology Program Management team manage team progress against integrated development plans (timelines, budgets, assumptions, risks) and strive to provide best-in-class project management expertise for efficient execution against plan.
The Co-op, PMO TA - Immunology will:
- Perform assigned duties under the direction of a PMO experienced staff member to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of department duties.
- Assist Immunology Program Managers with the creation of product development plans that facilitate project execution and achievement of deliverable-based milestones on time and within budget.
- Facilitate risk identification, mitigation and contingency planning discussion in cross-functional team meetings.
- Partner with the various compound teams to prepare reports and presentations for governance bodies and be accountable to learn the R&D processes necessary to understand the business and provide support.
Co-op, PMO: Integrated Solutions
The position will be basedin Titusville, NJ with up to 20% travel to Raritan, NJ.
As part of the Neuroscience group, the Integrated Solutions and Informatics Team (NS IS/IX) collaborates with internal and external experts to identify and develop solutions that go beyond the pill to improve patient outcomes, shifting from a diagnose and treat to a predict-and-pre-empt approach by identifying data-driven, science-based solutions that augment therapies. Those solutions include potential tools, technologies, services, data, devices, and diagnostics that could help solve unmet needs in various neurological diseases and disorders.
- Assist the Project/Portfolio Management Leader to provide support for NS IS/IX objectives
- Generate and manage project/portfolio documents
- Develop/enhance/manage communications tools such as OneNote and Sharepoint
- Drive periodic updates, organize meetings, participate in portfolio finance reviews and follow-ups
- Participate in team discussions on strategy, planning, execution and tracking, partner with team members and stakeholders to achieve defined imperatives
- Candidate should have excellent organizational skills, be able to take limited direction and work independently, have good communication skills, and have a good working knowledge of the IT environment.
Co-op, PMO: Capacity Management
The position will be basedin Raritan, NJ with occasional travel to the Titusville, NJ site. It is preferable that the candidate live within 20 miles of either site.
The Capacity Management team, part of the Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for planning and managing at a portfolio, therapeutic area and project level, the resources required for Research and Development projects. Capacity Management is a key component of the Continuous Forecast, Business Planning and Long Range Financial Planning process. Capacity Management works with the Functional Areas and Therapeutic Area, to forecast, plan and manage resource demand and supply, across the whole Janssen Pharmaceutical R&D organization.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
- Providing support to the entire Capacity Management organization for data mining, data analytics and summarization.
- Providing support to the Capacity Management and Portfolio Analytics lead in support of Portfolio Level monthly continuous forecast process, data visualization and operational metrics
- Analysis of historical data for benchmarking and operational performance.
- Analysis of R&D milestone and impact on demand/supply.
- Provide support to the Capacity Management organization in support of the business processes (Long Range Financial Plan, Final Business Plan, etc)
Co-op, PMO: Strategy & Portfolio Integration
Will be basedin Raritan, NJ with occasional travel to the Titusville, NJ site. It is preferable that the candidate live within 20 miles of either site
The Strategy & Portfolio Integration (SPI) team is responsible for highly visible internal and external reporting, analysis and decision making. The key stakeholders of the team are R&D Senior Leadership, Operations Management Committee, Global Development Organization, Strategy & Portfolio Management (SPM) and Therapeutic Area Senior Leadership Teams. The SPI team integrates information and insights across R&D functions and therapeutic areas to assist leadership in key business processes such as strategic and business planning and portfolio prioritization. The Strategy & Portfolio Integration (SPI) team works with key partners in Finance and Strategy and Portfolio Analysis (SPA) to drive and provide crucial alignment in a heavily matrixed organization.
Primary Duties of the PMO Co-op in Strategy & Portfolio (SPI) Integration include:
- Supporting the SPI team in business critical activities such as: Portfolio Fact Book, R&D Tracker, Strategic Imperatives and R&D Benchmarking.
- The co-op will be accountable to learn the R&D processes necessary to understand the business and provide support as well as be proactive in developing new/enhanced ideas/methodology/analyses for crucial business insights.
- This is a full time position and it is asked that the student not be enrolled in more than one class while employed as an active, full time J&J SPI Co-Op.
- The candidate must have completed a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate education at an accredited university working towards a BS, or enrolled in graduate program.
- Preferred areas of study are life sciences, computer science, engineering, business/economics, mathematics, information technology, accounting, finance, statistics, biology, chemistry, or pharmacy.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment, computer proficiency and familiarity of the MS suite of applications (proficient skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.)
- This position requires someone who is creative and can manage the organization of data in a way that communicates insight to leaders.
- Previous co-op or summer intern experience or large pharmaceutical company experience are a plus.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Meet Some of Johnson & Johnson's Employees
Business Operations Lead JLABS Houston, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Diana oversees JLABS Houston site operations, supporting various areas of business including compliance, operating systems, workflows and relationship management.
Back to top