Wireless Communications Research Engineer
Do you have experienceresearching engineering wireless communications?
Are youpassionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challengesinvolving the defense of the US?
If so,this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Asa Wireless Communications Research Engineer, you will...
Conduct wireless communication systems engineering research activities in support of Cyber Operations, Special Operations, and Homeland Protection Mission Areas. You will be responsible for researching and developing innovative solutions for military and Government sponsors. Problem solving and analysis in areas related to telecommunications, remote sensing, anomaly detection, etc.
- Lead the research and development of innovative solutions to solve complex problems in the field of wireless communications. Identify appropriate algorithms and approaches for solving critical communications problems using advanced signal and data processing techniques. Develop software prototypes of signal processing algorithms.
- Document work in formal technical reports and informal memoranda. Present work to sponsors and the technical community.
- Support testing of prototype and operational systems working closely with sponsors to ensure mission success.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this positionif you have:
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physical sciences, mathematics, or related technical discipline.
- 1 years of experience in wireless communications engineering.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel within the continental United States. Also, travel to sponsor sites local to APL may be required.
- The ability to obtain a Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a governmentsecurity clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access toclassified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou have:
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- 5 years of experience in commercial and/or government wireless communications engineering.
- Hands-on experience in some combination of the following implementation languages: MATLAB, Python, Java, C /C.
- Recent knowledge of DoD and/or intelligence community, sponsors, and programs.
- Active Secret clearance.
WhyWork at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied PhysicsLaboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most criticaldefense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection ofchallenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APLpromotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefitsand healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in theBaltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top