Web Application Software Engineer for Ground Systems Development
Job Summary: SIG requires a web application software engineer to develop and test spacecraft operations and ground segment system software.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain software in accordance with Space Sector institutional quality practices.
- Refine and integrate existing applications for use in new domains and new programs.
- Work with experienced ground software architects to port thick-client applications to responsively designed web applications.
- Contribute to group-focused research, process enhancement, and tool evaluation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong experience jQuery with client-side frameworks, preferably Angular (React, Backbone, Bootstrap, or similar modern JS frameworks accepted).
- Hands-on professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with the full software development life cycle, software design methodology, configuration management systems, and product defect tracking tools.
- Passion for software engineering and stellar user experience (UX).
- Good sense of usability and design.
- Experience with Node.js, MongoDB, Gradle, Git, and Docker
- Working with cross-browser behaviors.
- Prior experience and familiarity with Ground Data Systems and Mission Operations a plus.
- Clearable at the TS/SCI level.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top