Web Application Developer
US Citizenship is required.
- Member of a development team responsible for design, development, testing, and deployment activities for next generation custom-built applications or application customizations (70%)
- Interact with service managers, team members, and customers to provide application support including technical analysis and problem solving with results and recommendations being documented and communicated across the Lab-wide user base (30%)
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other engineering degree, or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- 2+ years experience of Microsoft C# .NET development with emphasis on ASP.Net 4.0+, implementation and maintenance. ( ASP.Net Core experience preferred).
- Possess detailed and clear understanding of HTML and Cascading Stylesheets (CSS)
- Experience with Visual Studio (2015 or greater preferred)
- Capability to provide administration and user support for large scale applications
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details
- A customer service perspective: be responsive and continuously provide value to the customer
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Experience with:
- MVC, Web.API, Entity Framework
- JQuery, AJAX, web services and creating secure applications.
- Enterprise Search capabilities
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Vue.js or React.js
- Agile Methodologies
- SharePoint and SharePoint user groups.
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional weekend and other after hours work required to meet critical project/work-related business needs.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top