Weapons System Modeling and Simulation Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about improving Precision Strike capabilities for the United States warfighter?
Do you love solving complex problems with sophisticated modeling and simulation (M&S) tools?
Do you thrive in dynamic, collaborative, and fun work environments?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a Weapons System M&S analyst to characterize and evaluate terminal artillery and laser defense system performance against precision strike platforms in complex environments. You will join a diverse and hardworking team of analysts and engineers who support a wide range of government sponsors facing exciting challenges. As a member of our team, you will conduct high fidelity physics-based modeling and simulation, while collaborating with specialists in other fields including: GN&C, radar engineering, electronic warfare, software development, systems engineering, and more.
As a Weapons System M&S Analyst...
- Your primary responsibility will be to assess the effectiveness and optimal employment of both legacy and state of the art precision strike platforms in 1-v-1 or 1-v-few scenarios
- You will analyze both air defense artillery (ADA) and high energy laser (HEL) terminal defense systems in a high fidelity modeling environment
- You will work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and improve ADA and HEL modeling capabilities
- You will build novel data visualization tools for large and complex data sets
- You will prepare and present formal documentation to technical specialists, operational partners, and sponsors.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelors in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Are proficient in developing code in both MATLAB and SIMULINK
- Have strong programming skills in an object-oriented language such as C, C , or Java
- Are willing and able to take limited air and vehicle travel to US Government and DOD contractor facilities
- Hold an active Secret security clearance and are able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You will go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Masters or PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Have proven experience with modern ADA systems and/or HEL systems
- Have 2 years of experience working with M&S tools to analyze the effectiveness of ADA systems and/or HEL systems
- Have experience using engagement-level modeling tools such as TMAP, RADGUNS, HELCOMES, or ESAMS
- Have an active Top Secret security clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities athttp://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top