Vehicle Autonomy Software Developer
Job Summary: Develop intelligent control software for spacecraft, ship systems and unmanned vehicles.
- Develop artificial intelligence-based algorithms and software
- Perform tests on intelligent hardware and software systems
- Document and present work and results
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in the development of Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of C , Java and Python
- M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with soft real-time/embedded systems
- Physics of electrical and fluid systems
- Control Theory
Special Working Conditions:
Some travel to test sites may be required.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top