Testbed Software Lead
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about software testing and Space?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a Software Testbed Lead to lead the testbed software team in the design, development, integration and testing of the testbed software for a mission.
As the Lead, you will...
1. Work with mission system and subsystem leads and management to develop staff plans, schedule, testbed development philosophy for proposals and missions throughout the testbed life cycle.
2. Lead teams to architect, design, develop, debug, integrate and test testbed software. Architect, develop, debug testbed software as needed.
3. Identify and lead relevant trade studies required for mission and proposal success.
4. Document work and activities, prepare and present technical analyses and results, support project and program processes, reviews and planning activities.
You meet our minimum requirements if you have...
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline.
- 5 years of experience in software development and implementation, and algorithm development and analysis.
- Experience in C programming.
- Experience with MATLAB and mathematical modeling techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and follow-through.
- The ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
- A Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline.
- Experience with project management and technical leadership.
- Experience with SIMULINK modeling.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top