Testbed Software Lead
Job Summary: Lead the testbed software team in the design, development, integration and testing of the testbed software for a mission.
1. Work with mission system and subsystem leads and SIE management to develop staff plans, schedule, testbed development philosophy for proposals and missions throughout the testbed life cycle.
2. Lead teams to architect, design, develop, debug, integrate and test testbed software. Architect, develop, debug testbed software as needed.
3. Identify and lead relevant trade studies required for mission and proposal success.
4. Document work and activities, prepare and present technical analyses and results, support project and program processes, reviews and planning activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline.
- 5-10 years of experience in software development and implementation, and algorithm development and analysis.
- Experience in C programming.
- Experience with MATLAB and mathematical modeling techniques.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and follow-through.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical discipline.
- Experience with project management and technical leadership.
- Experience with SIMULINK modeling.
Special Working Conditions: May require working in closed areas and some occasional travel.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top