Systems Engineer/Systems Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Are you looking for exciting work leading the development of complex systems of systems in air and missile defense?
Do you love working in an exciting and collaborative environment to tackle challenging technical problems? Do you want to have a meaningful impact on the world around you and contribute to solving critical challenges that face the country?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking aSystems Engineer/Systems Analyst to help us evaluate the system of systems performance of complex combat and weapon systems. We need someone that can: 1) help establish confidence in the simulations/tools used to support performance assessment and 2) apply those tools to advance our understanding of sensor, network, combat system, and missile performance. This task contributes to our nation's most challenging air and missile defense problems.
As a System Performance and Simulation Assessment Analyst...
- You will use both system test and simulation data to evaluate the performance of integrated systems.
- You will use simulations to assess performance on new and emerging system capabilities.
- You will assess simulations to determine the viability of those simulations to support performance based studies.
- You will develop analysis tools that support comparison and evaluation of test and simulation data.
- You will conduct performance prediction assessments of systems under test to support flight test activities.
- You will develop subject matter expertise and contribute to a deeper understanding of current combat and weapon systems along with future capabilities.
- You will support the development of simulation verification and validation products that provide evidence of simulation viability.
- You will develop data analysis products to effectively communicate assessment plans and technical recommendations to APL leadership, government sponsors, and the engineering community.
- You will contribute to a dynamic group culture that upholds core values and be dedicated to continual improvement, innovation, risk-taking, and the development of high quality products.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, or computer science (or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of 3 years professional experience in a related field.
- Have proficiency using MATLAB (or similar) to conduct analysis and visualization.
- Have proficiency in developing Python scripts (or similar) to support automation and assessment.
- Possess the ability to work independently on highly complex tasks and collaborate as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team analyzing highly complex systems and systems of systems.
- Are an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Are willing and able to periodically travel to meetings, sponsorsites, and test events.
- Hold an active Secret or higher security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Master's Degree in engineering or equivalent, and/or a desire to continue your education.
- Have specific domain knowledge of the AEGIS Combat System and/or other Navy sensor, combat, and weapon systems.
- Have proven experience in leading complex, multi-disciplinary analyses.
- Have proficiency in any of the following: Java, C programming, configuration management tools, JIRA.
- Have a Top Secret or higher clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top