Systems Engineer Space Systems Integration
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with Space Integration experience.
Job Summary: Serve as Battle Management, Command and Control subject matter expert in the integration of Space Layer systems with the Missile Defense Domain. This position is geared for an individual who is a self starter having demonstrated capabilities leading small teams, attention to detail and quality, and maturing concepts into fielded solutions.
- Perform systems integration efforts and performance assessments on the integration of systems of the Space and Missile Defense Domain. This requires strong analytic capabilities, and the ability to build strong relationships with the contractor organization, and Government leads to ensure expected performance is being met and understood. (50%)
- As a Battle Management, Command and Control subject matter expert develop future system concepts for the Assured Space Operations mission by working across various government organizations including but not limited to Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP), National Space Defense Center (NSDC), and Air Force Space Command. Execute on the concepts through systems integration, and prototype development. (50%)
- Ph.D in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar field with minimum 1-3 years engineering experience. Along with familiarity in spacecraft trajectory design, distributed systems, and Kalman Filtering
- Working knowledge of scientific programming, and algorithm development using tools such as (MATLAB, Mathmatica, or other SW language Java, C )
- Demonstrated strong communication both written and oral with experience briefing senior level government leaders.
- Ability to obtain Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
- 5 years experience with a Ph.D in appropriate technical field.
- Experience in Battle Management, Command and Control functions, experience with Missile Defense Agency systems and arcitectures, architectures and requirements development, physics-based modeling, Systems Tool Kit, MATLAB, SOAP, and Enterprise Architect.
- Active TS/SCI
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top