Are you a Systems-level analyst with a passion for developing system architectures?
If so, we may have a job for you.
We are seeking a Systems analyst to work closely with Government sponsors to develop system CONOPS, define architectures for sponsor solutions in DoDAF framework, work with stake holders to define system requirements and assist sponsors to ensure user needs are met.
As the Systems Analyst you will...
- Apply analytical processes to define and translate concepts into system requirements. Participate in system design, development, prototyping, demonstration and testing efforts. Identify sensor capabilities to meet mission needs. Develop Concept of Operations models to explore the mission trade space. Work as part of a Government team to validate and verify design specifications, document requirements, review and critique system verification plan / procedures, and analyze system performance vs. requirements and user needs.
- Provide analysis and systems development support for DoD missions and research activities. Develop and/or verify algorithms for orbital and line of sight geometry, telemetry reduction, instrument calibration, model/data comparisons and other functions necessary for the analysis of space-based sensors.
- Interact closely with multiple stakeholders, system and software engineers to arrive at a consensus on the design, development and test phases of development programs. Present analysis, propose technical solutions, model and measure performance, and validate results.
- Participate as a member of the team to evaluate contractors' proposals for future systems then provide contractor oversight to ensure the developed systems meet user needs while containing program risks. Additionally, brief approach, implementation and progress to APL management and sponsors.
You meet our minimum requirements if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or related disciplines.
- 7+ years of strong analytical experience with emphasis on modeling, simulations, and trade-space evaluations for satellite system development, throughput analysis and simulation, communications link performance, and system vulnerability assessment.
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work independently, work as a team player and work closely with sponsors.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Hold an active TS security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information including SCI. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You will go above and beyond our requirements if you have:
- A MS in Physics, Engineering, Computer Sciences or related disciplines.
- 15+ years of working-level experience with emphasis on developing ground and space segments.
- Working knowledge of standard modeling and simulations tools.
- Experience in Space Situational Awareness as well as Model Based Systems Engineering.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.