Systems Administrator / Information Assurance Officer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking an Systems Administrator (SA) / Information Assurance Officer (IAO).
Provide Information Assurance/system administration, and systems engineering for mainly Windows and some Linux-based systems in multiple highly classified facilities. Independently identify and solve technical issues relating to Information Assurance system hardening (ensuring system availability, integrity, authentication and confidentiality). Configure, install, and maintain mostly Windows computer systems and some Linux systems in a stand-alone and networked environment. Participate in developing highly complex solutions for LAN and WAN environments.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
1. Systems Administration: Configure, install, and maintain mostly Windows computer systems and some Linux systems in a stand-alone and networked environment. Lock down Windows and some Linux computers in a mixed environment based upon classified security requirements. Manage user accounts for Windows/Linux systems, reset passwords, and perform annual computer recertification. Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise. Build, lock down, and deploy Windows 10 operating system. (80%)
2. Information Assurance Officer: Provide security relevant documentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix’s, System Security Plans. Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard events. Implement backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster recovery plan. (20%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years Windows systems administration experience.
- A minimum of 1 year information technology experience working in a classified computer facility in information, intelligence, or security areas. Current SSBI required.
- Extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software (demonstrated by at least 3 years of practical experience).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
- TS/SCI Clearance w/ Polygraph is required.
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
- Experience working in or directly supporting the Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities desired.
- Windows 10 deployment/administration experience.
- Experience with Cisco networking devices.
- Experience with VMware.
- Some practical experience with programing / scripting languages (1 year experience).
- Working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, and the understanding of customer focus.
TS/SCI Clearance w/ CI Poly is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. Must also be eligible for a Polygraph examination. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Travel: Travel will be necessary for this role. (<10%)
Back to top