Introduction: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Systems Administrator.
Job Summary: Systems Administrator
- First line of support for FMD-related service delivery software applications; installation, upgrades,and troubleshooting,and hardware troubleshooting
- Maintain FMD owned/administered window servers and hardware; configuration, backup and archival responsibilities
- Provide technical support for wireless/mobile devices and solutions; setup,identification of approved tools and apps and requisite training
- Provide input for developing future technology direction
- Other duties as assigned
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Administration or Information Technology management or equivalent years of experience.
- Must be self motivated and directed with the ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with the ability to interface with all levels of staff. Ability to handle
multiple projects and deadlines.
- Current/active clearance at the Secret level.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top