System of Systems Concept Developer / Engineer / Analyst
Are you looking for exciting work leading the development of state of the art concepts in missile defense and systems of systems analysis?
Do you love working in an exciting and collaborative environment to tackle challenging technical problems? Do you want to have a meaningful impact on the world around you and contribute to solving critical challenges that face the country?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a hardworking engineer/mathematician (or equivalent background) to help us develop the next generation of solutions to our nation's most challenging air and missile defense problems. As the threats to our defenses grow, we need creative thinkers and leaders that will push the boundaries of capability to ensure we stay ahead of these threats by thinking outside the box, taking risks, and collaborating across a team of engineers.
As a System of Systems Concept Developer/Analyst...
- Your primary responsibility will be contributing to the development and assessment of creative concepts for Integrated Air and Missile Defense systems.
- You will lead and perform assessments of fielded systems and find opportunities for improvement, propose and develop innovative concepts/algorithms, and conduct analysis to assess potential future systems performance.
- You will develop presentations to effectively communicate technical recommendations to APL leadership, government sponsors, and the engineering community.
- You will contribute to a dynamic group culture to uphold core values through participation in collaborative teams and activities, as well as a dedication to continual improvement, innovation and risk-taking, and developing high quality products.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, or operations research
- Have 1 year of experience with system-level analysis or concept development of DoD systems
- Excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Have proficiency using MATLAB to conduct analysis and visualization
- Are an effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Hold an active Secret security clearance or able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Masters Degree or PhD in engineering, mathematics, or operations research and/or a desire to continue your education
- Have specific domain knowledge of AEGIS, SSDS, and/or other Navy sensor, combat, and weapon systems
- Have proven experience in leading complex, multi-disciplinary analyses
- Have a Top Secret or higher clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top